I'm a new Blackberry user. I have 3 mailboxes and I want to change their names from the full email address to Work, Home, Personal etc. I've done this in email setup and saved but nothing happens. Whatsup?
    02-20-09 09:54 AM
    Try resending the service books from the email set up (BB menu > service books > resend)
    02-20-09 10:03 AM
    When I go to 'Email Settings' and hit the bb button and then edit I get the option to change account name but it looks like the email address will stay the same. I don't want to change the name and I'm not sure if this is how you do it.
    02-20-09 10:09 AM
    yes, as long as you keep the email address the same (which isnt even editable now that i check), you can change the account name and it should reflect on the device. If it doesn't try to resend the service books.
    02-20-09 10:17 AM
    Ive tried changing mine and it doesn't seem to work.
    02-20-09 10:35 AM
    I changed the names and resent service books twice but it doesn't work. Something isn't right. We should be able to rename the accounts without changing the addresses.
    02-20-09 10:42 AM
    Oh yeah...and why are these email addresses assigned to calendars? this make no sense to me. I want to be able name my calendars whatever I want. Is this true for all Blackberrys?
    02-20-09 10:44 AM
    The calendar question is one I have too. When I import my calendar from Google Sync it defaults to an e-mail address that I dont WANT it to default to. Any ideas?
    02-20-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD