yesterday Ive call tmobile because of a little issue i had with the storm so while we were talkin we got into a 3G convo and the rep claim tht he can guide you through steps and get 3G on the storm when i heard this I went crazy so iim like lets do this now after he asked for my call bak number so i gave it to him and ends up when i hung up he asked me again but i hung up to fast and then i try callin again to see ifi can speak to that rep but unfortunently I couldnt but the other rep on the phone said that today hes goin to speak to him and if he finds how to configure it like the other rep claims he will email it to me today by noon and this can be a big change to Tmo users with the storm!!!!
    05-07-09 01:37 PM
    Doubt it. The Storm's radio doesn't support T-Mobile 3G frequencies. At least not T-Mobile US.
    05-07-09 01:45 PM
    but thats what i told the rep at first but he said that theres a way you configure it and you can get 3G frequience for TMO. but dw ill let you guys no what i get at the end of the day
    05-07-09 01:53 PM
    sounds like blowin smoke, but keep us posted
    05-07-09 02:58 PM
    will do as soon as i get hopefully i will post
    05-07-09 03:11 PM
    If this is true how come only one rep would know how to do so? And also why would that one rep not try to profit on the knowledge? Just seems strange to me.
    05-07-09 03:25 PM
    If this is true how come only one rep would know how to do so? And also why would that one rep not try to profit on the knowledge? Just seems strange to me.
    Hey i no it sounds weird to all of us but i hope its true because ive already tlked to 3 reps and their goin to tlk t this one because if he really has claim he did it before this can be a change but still im waiting an email from TMO with the instuctions or what happen if the guy was making up this lie im crossing my fingers this is true
    05-07-09 03:51 PM
    Hey i no it sounds weird to all of us but i hope its true because ive already tlked to 3 reps and their goin to tlk t this one because if he really has claim he did it before this can be a change but still im waiting an email from TMO with the instuctions or what happen if the guy was making up this lie im crossing my fingers this is true
    Im hoping its true for you as well so maybe it can some how translate to ATT. It just seems odd, but my fingers are crossed.
    05-07-09 05:24 PM
    Im hoping its true for you as well so maybe it can some how translate to ATT. It just seems odd, but my fingers are crossed.
    I agree whole heartedly!
    05-07-09 05:34 PM
    As much as I would love 3G on my storm as is everyone else, if you notice all of the T-Mobile 3G supported handsets have both the 1700 and the 2100 frequencies working together So Unless they make it possible to support only a single radio it sounds like rubbish to me.
    05-07-09 06:34 PM
    Geez use some grammar...at least periods. Your posts are too annoying to read.
    05-07-09 07:06 PM
    Enabling such a feature would almost certainly require a hardware change.
    05-08-09 10:48 AM
    Agreed....
    05-08-09 11:16 AM
    I was at a T-mobile store and the two reps said T-mobile is going 3G by like October and since i already had i 3G phone it would work when the change comes......So it may be true

call this # and speak to the dudes there and the will give it validity

440-684-9388
    Last edited by tyrone0025; 05-08-09 at 11:37 AM.
    05-08-09 11:33 AM
    It all sounds good... But for real???
    05-08-09 11:48 AM
    OK.....I Called back and spoke with a chick and she said by years end they will be fully converted to 3G....so i backs up what the other two dudes told me...so there you have it T-Mobile is going 3G!!!!!! call that number to verify

P.S. Sprint is 4G(the NOW network)...so T-Mobile needs alot of work
    05-08-09 11:53 AM
    It all sounds good... But for real???

Call....I'm only saying what the reps said
    05-08-09 11:58 AM
    I think they are talking about WCDMA. I think the MSM prolly supports it but I don't know if the storm has the other hardware.

I know the storm does C2K and GSM/EDGE. Edge is considered 2.5
    G I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD