I'm one of the many consumer users who jumped on the BlackBerry bandwagon with the Storm. I promised myself that I wouldn't put my work email on my phone. Yeah, that lasted about a week and a half until I got sick and had to stay home for a week. Suffice it to say, my Storm now keeps me far more connected to work than I'd prefer. But it is also too valuable not to have access to my work account outside of work hours.

What has me bothered lately is sitting at my desk at work getting two of every email that comes in. It hits my desktop and a few moments later my Storm buzzes away. I want to know if there is a way, perhaps a filter via BIS, that would only forward my work email outside of business hours. If I'm at my desk, I am probably not going to reply to an email on my storm. I'd really appreciate any insight into this!
    01-07-09 09:20 PM
    I kind of would like this too, or at least an option to stop them from coming in sometimes, or when on vacation. One solution is to DL the program (profiler or something like that in the CB store) that can automatically change your alerts profile at certain times of the day and week. So when you're at work you could set it so that emails won't have any notification at all. You'd still get the emails, but it won't be bugging you all day.

What do people do when they go on vacation with their BB and don't want work emails bugging them?
    01-07-09 09:26 PM
    I think for most Crackberry abusers, the idea of taking a vacation without their work email would be like waking up without skin!

Let's hope there are few knowledgable folks in these forums who also like some peace and quiet from time to time!
    01-08-09 11:08 AM
    I have my e-mail client set up to check for new e-mails every 2 minutes. This way, when it's opened, it gets the e-mail right away so it won't go into the storm. I just download it into my computer and the phone doesn't say anything...
    01-08-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD