well. bb has 24 months warranty from where I got mine. so won't be a problem. just exchange it if they decide to do a revision of the hardware.
    12-14-08 03:16 AM
    I would imagine that they've at least attempted to improve the consistency of the "click" function of the screen since the release. Whether or not a new version was released "under the radar" or not has yet to be spoken for. But as I said, many people have gotten perfectly clicking screens after returning their not-so-perfectly clicking screens that were purchased launch day or the few days thereafter.
    12-14-08 03:25 AM
    hmm well guess ill lose my phone and use my insurance if they wont trade it for the newer so called version... still its very very early for new hardware and will hurt them if they release it so damn early.
    12-14-08 03:28 AM
    lol, dont you love people who cant mind their own business?

how many times am i talking about tech to someone, and someone buts in and tries to make me look dumb with their completely ridiculous infomration. for some reason, technology is an ***** magnet.

i havent seen Storm II on FCC fridays on engadget mobile have you?

If they release an "upgraded" device in any way in Feb, they would be commiting corporate suicide!! the million plus sold by then will all be demanding new ones, losing theirs, calling verizon freaking, saying they will never go rim again, or they recall over a million units, not gonna happen.

yeah their upgrade will be new integrated circuits that will reduce manufacturing costs. just like ms does with the xbox and sony does with the ps3. but the device in the end, is the same. you can put this kind of a device on a 3 month life cycle, plain and simple.
    12-14-08 03:38 AM
    Guys,

Thanks for all of the advise and info on this. I decided to go with what you all have been saying so I just went ahead and placed my order for my new Storm! This will be my 1st Blackberry device and then ill at least be an "official" newbie here lol. I ordered it off the Verizon site to upgrade what I have now. I did call and ask if the units being shipped next week will have the new software update and they told me definitely not, I will need to do the update once I get it. They went on to say that it will be weeks and weeks before they ship any units with .75. So ill just update it when I get it.

I sure hope I get a unit with no problems.
    12-14-08 08:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD