I keep trying with this thing, and some people are claiming to love it but I am to the point of aggravation.
    11-30-08 03:47 PM
    I actually would love a little more info/ some tips on this to.
    11-30-08 03:49 PM
    Best way to explain it is, type as you would with a qwerty keyboard, but DO NOT
    look at the screen, suretype is painful and aggravating to watch as you compose. Once you're done composing, go back and fix any errors, you'll be surprised how few there actually are..
    After about 3 days you get used to it, and it gets used to you, (there's a custom dictionary that forms), I could tap out emails twice as fast on my pearl as I can type on a regular keyboard...
    11-30-08 03:54 PM
    demos.blackberry.com/suretype/na/us/gen/

Might want to turn the sound down..Best advice I read was to act like the screen is covered with a business card and type on the keys then check the screen every now and then..
    11-30-08 03:54 PM
    The buttons are in the same order as a QWERTY or normal keyboard. Most people that I have shown it to, try to press the letters multiple times like a regular flip phone instead of using it like a keyboard.

I like it better than the QWERTY for a couple of reasons. The button area is larger. It will give you suggestions for the word you are typing and you can choose the word prior to completion. And it is quite accurate.
    11-30-08 04:15 PM
    if you've ever used a phone with T9 text input, it's the same general concept.. ignore the fact that there are 2 letters per button and just hit the buttons that correspond to the letter you're looking for. best advice i have is don't over complicate it.
    11-30-08 04:32 PM
    Hi. I just got my Storm on Friday and like many here, was annoyed with the lag between modes, but most especially my inability to use suretype. Right now it's Sunday evening and I can say I am faster at using suretype on my storm than the qwerty and faster at typing than my previous qwerty device.

With that said, the main tip I can give is to just type away and don't worry about what is going on the screen. About 90% of the time after you're done with a particular word you'll notice that the intended word was properly typed. The only thing that slows me down is typing rare words like Names and such, and I just go into landscape for that.

It's kind of hard to put my main tip into words, but I guess just type with confidence. Also, you'll notice that the keyboard will guess words for you as are typing, you can stop your typing short and just click on the appropriate word you want. Another thing that impressed me was that generally rare words, but words that I type often show up under the guess word list.
    11-30-08 04:39 PM
    AND - use suretype when typing messages, emails, or text when you'll be using full words. Use qwerty when typing web addresses or on text where you'll be using abbreviations. This will save you some frustration.
    11-30-08 04:40 PM
    AND - use suretype when typing messages, emails, or text when you'll be using full words. Use qwerty when typing web addresses or on text where you'll be using abbreviations. This will save you some frustration.
    +1

This is probably the best tip for me to learn how to use suretype; it's only good for certain scenarios, not all.
    11-30-08 04:45 PM
    +1

This is probably the best tip for me to learn how to use suretype; it's only good for certain scenarios, not all.
    good for most.
    11-30-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD