Can someone please help me out.... I cannot understand why if in camera "options" I have it set to take the full 3.2mp, yet after taking the photo and checking its "properties" it's never more than 1mp in size. I am completely perplexed. I'd appreciate any help you all can offer. As a reference, my camera options are shown below. But despite this, the pictures are randomly saved as either 480x640 or 768x1024. Please help!!!

I have the camera set at:
    Flash: off
    Image Stab: On
    White balance: Automatic
    Picture size: 2048x1536
    Picture quality: Superfine
    Color effect: normal
    Geotagging: disabled
    Store pictures: on media card.
    05-18-09 10:01 AM
    What OS version?
    05-18-09 10:30 AM
    The camera has a digital zoom but no optical zoom, so if you zoom in, it really just takes a smaller (fewer pixels) picture.

Deliberately take a picture with no zoom, and see if you get the full number of pixels

and welcome to crackberry
    05-18-09 10:33 AM
    Can someone please help me out.... I cannot understand why if in camera "options" I have it set to take the full 3.2mp, yet after taking the photo and checking its "properties" it's never more than 1mp in size. I am completely perplexed. I'd appreciate any help you all can offer. As a reference, my camera options are shown below. But despite this, the pictures are randomly saved as either 480x640 or 768x1024. Please help!!!

I have the camera set at:
    Flash: off
    Image Stab: On
    White balance: Automatic
    Picture size: 2048x1536
    Picture quality: Superfine
    Color effect: normal
    Geotagging: disabled
    Store pictures: on media card.
    You may be confusing size of the file - mb megabits with - mp - mega pixels - how fine or clear the picture is. Two totally different things. On the details of a file it shows the mb or size of the file.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 05-18-09 at 10:36 AM.
    05-18-09 10:33 AM
    Snarfler: You were right. I just took two reference photos: One zoomed all the way out, and one zoomed in. The difference in mega pixels was evident. I guess I had been taking pictures with some amount of zoom baked in without even realizing it. I guess the trick is not to touch the screen when in Camera mode lest I accidently apply some zoom.

Thank you all for your help!!
    05-18-09 10:43 AM
    yeah digital zoom is a crock!on all cameras not just phones
    05-18-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD