I am wondering why every time I take a pic with my Storm, it's blurry? And there is a long pause before the camera actually takes the pic. Oh, and it's always very washed out. Anyone have good info on camera settings?

When I go to options in camera I have the following:
    Default flash settings: Automatic
    Image Stabilization: On
    White Balance: Automatic
    Pic Size: Large
    Pic Quality: Superfine
    Color effect: Normal
    Geotagging: Disabled (What is that?)

Can anyone give tips for good pics on it? My old crappy flip phone had less megapixels, and no flash and still took better pics!
    03-26-09 02:39 AM
    I am wondering why every time I take a pic with my Storm, it's blurry? And there is a long pause before the camera actually takes the pic. Oh, and it's always very washed out. Anyone have good info on camera settings?

When I go to options in camera I have the following:
    Default flash settings: Automatic
    Image Stabilization: On
    White Balance: Automatic
    Pic Size: Large
    Pic Quality: Superfine
    Color effect: Normal
    Geotagging: Disabled (What is that?)

Can anyone give tips for good pics on it? My old crappy flip phone had less megapixels, and no flash and still took better pics!
    which OS is your storm running? you might want to update if you haven't already. major improvements to camera with recent updates.
    03-26-09 04:21 AM
    Well first of all you almost have to clean the lens screen every single time before taking a picture. You must also let the camera focus first (little box that appears) then click the button the rest of the way holding the phone rock steady until you hear the clicking sound.
    03-26-09 04:25 AM
    Well first of all you almost have to clean the lens screen every single time before taking a picture. You must also let the camera focus first (little box that appears) then click the button the rest of the way holding the phone rock steady until you hear the clicking sound.
    First let me say I was thinking there was something wrong with my camera too. Maybe it was the lighting that I tried the latest picture in but you are right about cleaning the lens screen. Might have been better lighting but the test pics I took after cleaning it were way better.
    I guess I was just glancing and thinking it was clean, used to my camera's protected lens. Anyways much happier now the pictures were nice and crisp again.
    03-26-09 06:44 AM
    I'd take image stabilization off and upgrade OS. Also you have to wait for it to focus by slightly holding the button and waiting for the green box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:36 AM
    I have the same thing happen. When/before I take a picture, the image is very sharp on the screen, but when i snap the picture, its blurry... It's like it isn't saving the image as it should... I would love to find a fix for this.... I'm running .113 BTW.
    03-26-09 09:09 AM
    I agree, image stabilization on the Storm is terrible. Much better pictures with image stabilization turned off. Oh, and cleaning the lens is a good idea too.
    03-26-09 11:14 AM
    It's camera shake. It happens when your hands shake (even so slightly) and the camera doesn't take the picture quickly enough due to lighting conditions or even a camera slow shutter issue. Keep in mind that the image stabalization on the Storm is DIGITAL, not MECHANICAL, which means it doens't do isht. Real IS is done with a moving lens to account for camera shake at the optics level, not after the image is taken. IS on the Storm in some cases even causes the picture to loose its sharpness once taken. I'd turn it off and learn to steady your hands when you take a shot, like you would with any other camera. You'll find that the quality of the pics will improve with this. Also, if you're on .75, the camera was extremely slow in that release of the OS. Next version to release officially will have this fixed as it's been greatly improved in the leaked versions.
    Very interesting...I was not aware that this feature blew for that reason...
    03-26-09 11:16 AM
    Ah, thanks! Turning stabilization off was a good idea and it worked much better. As far as the leaked version goes, I am unable to downoad it with a mac! so sad...
    03-28-09 12:42 PM
    Blame the Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 12:51 PM
    Turning the stabilization off has made mine a lot better (& quicker) and i'm running .113 (Vodafone Uk)

Nice One
    03-28-09 12:59 PM
    Ah, thanks! Turning stabilization off was a good idea and it worked much better. As far as the leaked version goes, I am unable to downoad it with a mac! so sad...
    Just install XP on the mac and your good to go !
    03-28-09 01:00 PM
    Funny...mine is blurry before the picture is taken. I tried to clean the lens, and it looks perfectly clear, but the image displayed is still garbage...I am running .428 on the 9550
    01-04-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD