I have an odd behavior with Opera mini and the camera. I was surfing with Opera mini and all of a sudden the camera was active in 75% of the screen. Made me think that maybe some of the power drain issues are with the camera being active in the background. As it is often activated by the right button i change the action to something benign like the task switcher on the right key. after that and 8 hours with some surfing and installing weather bug i still have 95% battery.
    Anyone else checking this out?

Storm .75
    01-01-09 08:41 PM
    I have an odd behavior with Opera mini and the camera. I was surfing with Opera mini and all of a sudden the camera was active in 75% of the screen. Made me think that maybe some of the power drain issues are with the camera being active in the background. As it is often activated by the right button i change the action to something benign like the task switcher on the right key. after that and 8 hours with some surfing and installing weather bug i still have 95% battery.
    Anyone else checking this out?

Storm .75
    Well I'm sure its not helpful. Having any apps open in the background will slow down the storm and drain the battery. You need to be careful to actually hit menu and select "close" or "exit" when you're done with a program instead of just hitting esc. Although there is a way to make the phone fully close an app when you hit esc.
    01-01-09 09:20 PM
    Well that is kinda the point that i suspect it may be running even after selecting close or exit. I remember plam having that issue with a new model for a bit.
    01-01-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD