Whenever I try to use the camera now it gives me a message saying, " Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

I don't know why this is happening. This started when I upgraded to 114 and then it stayed that way even when I went to 113. I close all the opened programs and I even do a battery pull but I still get the same message.

Any ideas?
    04-04-09 03:05 AM
    Sounds pretty serious ... Might need to wipe it and start over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:16 AM
    Yeah, a wipe may be in order. I may be wrong, but this sounds like file/s may have become corrupt due to the OS switches.
    04-04-09 03:31 AM
    same thing happened to my wifes phone while on .75. changed to .114 and fixed it for a while. ended up with .109 when it happened on .114. no probs sense. dont know what it was. guess the files straightened themselves out.
    04-04-09 04:38 AM
    RIM KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE

In case previous fixes don't work..

PS: It's a valid device exchange issue.
    04-04-09 04:44 AM
    Good excuse to go to Verizon store, get a brand new Storm, and get some bill credit.
    04-08-09 02:59 PM
    If you are going to take it to the VZW store, I recommend that you actually print out the KB15544 and take it with you. Some VZW reps will give you all these excuses not to exchange your device (or some don't know what they're talking about). You have to call it in do hard reset, etc. Tell them you did all that so they don't make you wait and try it themselves.

I've personally had good experiences at the store but some people have had some bad experiences... Hope it all works out for you.
    04-08-09 03:02 PM
    I would also reload .75 back into the phone.

As using unofficial leaks on the phone voids the warranty....not 100% sure of this, but 99%...

If the VZ-rep were smart he/she would look at what OS ur running....i know i would!

Falconz
    04-08-09 03:05 PM
    I had the same issue, but re-installed .75 and it works fine.
    04-08-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD