Hello, I ran a search and could not find an answer to this particular issue.

When I go to start the camera I get a box the says "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Now there is nothing else running in the background other than the normal (browser, messages, BBM, etc) this comes up even after a battery pull (run by quickpull). The problem started when I was on .75 and continues to .148 and I have not installed any leaks. The 3rd party apps I have are weather eye, quickpull, facebook, bloomberg, livestrong calorie counter, and viigo. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by area52; 06-16-09 at 09:11 AM.
    06-08-09 01:11 PM
    Thanks for reporting.
    06-16-09 02:02 AM
    No problem. Are you a mod or just a generally nice guy who truly appreciates when others post. I'm just trying to figure out how if your "thanks" is genuine or if your just trying to look "cool" on a message board.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 09:08 AM
    Take a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hel...-start-141528/

I don't know if the problem gets resolved, but it's exactly what your experiencing.

Grey
    06-16-09 09:15 AM
    Just saw that thread yesterday. And yes that's exactly the same issue. my replacement should get here today.

06-16-09 09:34 AM
    Hello, I ran a search and could not find an answer to this particular issue.

When I go to start the camera I get a box the says "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Now there is nothing else running in the background other than the normal (browser, messages, BBM, etc) this comes up even after a battery pull (run by quickpull). The problem started when I was on .75 and continues to .148 and I have not installed any leaks. The 3rd party apps I have are weather eye, quickpull, facebook, bloomberg, livestrong calorie counter, and viigo. Anyone have any ideas?
    i have the same problem...and i really need my camera,,, it also does it with video camera..can u plz help me with this problem
    06-16-09 05:59 PM
    i have the same problem...and i really need my camera,,, it also does it with video camera..can u plz help me with this problem
    06-16-09 06:00 PM
    I called vzw about this and they are sending me a warranty replacement. They had no idea how to fix it and as far as I can tell by reading another thread about this it happens when the connection to the camera becomes loose to the internals of the phone. So warranty replacement sounds like the only fix......sorry

06-16-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD