Hi All,

I'm new to the community, and a new blackberry user. I just got my Storm, and twice today, as I was typing, my camera went on.....not full screen, but a medium sized rectangular box in the middle of my screen. I can't exit out of it. I just shut the phone off, and turned it back on, and it was still there. The only way It seems to exit out of this is to take a picture and then cancel. Anybody know what the heck is going on?? Thanks.
    12-22-08 12:02 PM
    ugh! i have this problem too! any help?
    12-22-08 03:11 PM
    Do a battery pull to do a soft reset. Let us know how it turns out.
    12-22-08 03:19 PM
    Sounds like a bug. I have gotten it a couple times. The only way to kill it for me was a batt pull...

You might have activated it by pressing the right convenience key... (not much of a convenience when I keep hitting it when I don't want to). I noticed if I am in the middle of web browsing or texting and I hit the key it will do what you are describing.

... on a side note, maybe I should change whats attached to that key... lol
    12-22-08 03:21 PM
    Do a battery pull to do a soft reset. Let us know how it turns out.
    Technically, that would be a hard reset just for future reference

How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-22-08 03:22 PM
    it means there is something wrong with the phone. Mine was doing that and I'm having it replaced. There is no reason to accept a brand new, $250 phone doing unwanted things at random. Return it. If it has a "19520-002" number behind the battery, it's from a screwed up batch. A lot of people are having that problem with phones with that number. If you were hitting the convenience key, you would know. Besides that, you'd be able to get it off the screen without having to pull the battery out. That's ridiculous. There's an issue with the phone.
    12-23-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD