Hi,

Everytime I try to start the camera it gives me an error msg that says " ! Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again. " I also can't use the video camera either. It tries to open but then just closes itself and takes me back to my Videos folder.

I read in other forums about properly closing out apps by clicking Menu>Close as opposed to just clicking the power button (which supposdly only puts apps on stand-by), so I went thru the phone opening apps and closing them properly. I also went into my Aplications List and deleted unused apps which is supposed to free up memory.

Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    08-26-09 08:52 AM
    Few suggestions: Verify pics/videos r stored on media card via camera/video > menu > options + delete excess pics/videos & msgs/call log entries + do battery pull.

Idk if that'll resolve. Common problem. U may even need 2 replace phone.
    08-26-09 12:41 PM
    subscribing to see resolution
    08-26-09 04:44 PM
    Its slacker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:45 PM
    the file it creates on the media folder? or the app its self? what about slacker? any more details you can provide? are there 74 other people on this forum named "stormsucks" who came before you? are you all related? are you even reading this anymore? who does number 2 work for?
    08-26-09 04:50 PM
    When I had that error with my camera shutting down apps did not resolve it. I was forced to do a battery pull. I use Slacker as well but did not delete any files to get the camera working again. A battery pull and the camera was back in action.
    08-26-09 08:38 PM
    @Bunshaw: Seems u didn't have a recurrence. Some do.
    08-26-09 10:56 PM
    Few suggestions: Verify pics/videos r stored on media card via camera/video > menu > options + delete excess pics/videos & msgs/call log entries + do battery pull.

Idk if that'll resolve. Common problem. U may even need 2 replace phone.

Yeah, I tried all of that....Going to try to wipe and reinstall opperating sysytem to see if that helps. Thanks.
    08-30-09 08:49 AM
    If this doesn't work, there is a known problem on some Storms (including my first one). It seems that some of the contacts can get dirty somehow, which can create the problem. In this case, the resolution is to have the phone repaired (taken apart and the contacts checked and cleaned) or replaced. The latter is the most likely option. If reloading the OS doesn't help, your best bet is to take the phone in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:38 PM
    Yeah im running into that exact problem too. I get that same message when I open my camera. I tried to delete slacker cause I never use it anyway. I have the slacker icon on my home screen. But it's not on my application list. What's up with that?
    Any other suggestions on how to fix this camera issue would be great.
    08-31-09 06:15 PM
    slacker icon is only a shortcut for the download, you can move it or hide it if it bothers you...
    08-31-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD