I've tried but can't find any mention of this issue yet...

More often than not when I "click" my (Telus) Storm's screen the camera will spontaneously open. When I shut down the camera, the phone dialpad is open. When I shut that down I'm back to the home screen. Sometimes I can get the intended application to open but I'm lucky to be able to type 2 letters before the camera and dialpad open again. (No, I'm not hitting any of the buttons on the side/top of the phone)

I've had the phone since Dec 24 and the problem started 3 days ago. I have not dropped the phone, it has not gotten wet, and I have not installed any new applications. When I "check for updates" I am told that there are no updates for my phone. I have tried multiple battery pulls. Any ideas?
    01-11-09 03:24 PM
    mine did this it would open my camera while txting...ending th e camera erased my messages...took it back with in 30 days they gave me a new one free this one works great..also with the other one the keybored failed to load right
    01-11-09 03:28 PM
    The home screen or the menu screen?
    01-11-09 03:28 PM
    Any screen. Even while trying to play Word Mole.
    01-11-09 03:49 PM
    My camera also opens spontaneously, sometimes when I'm just closing out an application and sometimes when I've started to text or just sent a text, among other random events. I figured it was a glitch I'd ride out and/or try some battery pulls on. It hasn't happened too much recently, but I'm still worried.

I got mine 12/23, and it is a Canadian-made model.
    01-11-09 03:53 PM
    My camera appears to be opening spontaneously when I hover over a letter for a period. Then it takes forever to close it. It's like it doesn't respond to me hitting the end button. And no I am not hitting the side buttons either. Very weird. I got mine 12/26.
    01-11-09 04:30 PM
    My camera appears to be opening spontaneously when I hover over a letter for a period. Then it takes forever to close it. It's like it doesn't respond to me hitting the end button. And no I am not hitting the side buttons either. Very weird. I got mine 12/26.
    Try this: When you use your camera, instead of closing it with the red end button use the close option from the menu. This seemed to fix the problem for me, maybe it will help you too
    01-11-09 04:37 PM
    I just "wiped" the phone as described in another thread (Options,Security Options, General Settings, menu button, Wipe Handheld) with no effect. I guess it is a hardware problem. Off to the Telus store I go....
    01-11-09 05:05 PM
    Ok what I found from the other thread on here regarding this issue was to uninstall visual voice mail which has since rectified the problem! Weird!!!
    01-11-09 05:07 PM
    Other thread? Can you point me there? Thanks!!!!
    01-11-09 05:12 PM
    Here you go....it's a bit down the posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/cam...ed-off-104436/
    01-11-09 05:16 PM
    OK if that didn't work...I'm sorry. It's on the blackberry Storm discussions under the main posts about half way down. I know it can be frustrating!!! Your welcome!!
    01-11-09 05:18 PM
    The original poster was mystic_rythm under Blackberry Help and Discussion Forums -> Blackberry storm ->threads
    01-11-09 05:22 PM
    You may need to pull the battery after you do it.
    01-11-09 05:24 PM
    Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a shot in a bit (I'm at work) and post my success.
    01-11-09 05:48 PM
    No success. It must be a hardware issue (I guess). I'll go for a new phone today...
    01-12-09 01:59 PM
    The same happens to my Storm, but opens various applications without sense, and never the camera: the explorer, call log, etc. When you close one, another get open.

I believe it's a software problem, it's like pressing the alt+tab and changing for open apps...
    01-12-09 03:13 PM
    I picked up a new phone tonight. The salesperson at the store said her RIM rep was in their store earlier today (collecting feedback on reported Storm problems) and he said he hadn't heard of this issue before...
    01-12-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD