Is is just me or was the camera better on earlier version of the OS - .109, .122 - it seems to have gotten slower and less responsive with .148.
    Any known fixes??
    06-16-09 08:46 AM
    Mine has gotten better with each version. Tried changing some of the camera settings (like Stabilization to off)? Have you checked you available memory? Maybe your running low, or in need of some housekeeping on the phone. Is your sd card anywhere near full? And, let's not forget...have you done a battery pull lately?

Grey
    06-16-09 08:50 AM
    I have the latest official update and had no problems with mines yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 09:13 AM
    + camera > menu > options > store pics > on media card.
    06-16-09 09:23 AM
    Mine has been a ton better with .148, it's twice as fast.
    06-16-09 09:50 AM
    Mine is a lot better!! Its faster but its still has a way to go IMHO..
    06-16-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the responses - I have tried all of those suggestions. I guess I need to do a clean install of the OS to see if that works. I've been dreading doing that, because everything else is great. The camera is not bad - nothing like .75, it just doesnt seem 100%.
    Thanks again for the input.
    06-16-09 11:56 AM
    When I first installed .148 on miy phone immediately the first thing I wanted to try was the camera. I took a picture and it was (my best guess) only about a 1 second delay. Now weeks later I tried to take a few pics and its slow again. taking like 3-4 seconds after i hold the button down. Does holding the button halfway first to focus then clicking slow it down or speed it up. Thats the only thing I can think of that I did different when I first tried it.
    06-16-09 12:31 PM
    When I first installed .148 on my phone immediately the first thing I wanted to try was the camera. I took a picture and it was (my best guess) only about a 1 second delay. Now weeks later I tried to take a few pics and its slow again. taking like 3-4 seconds after i hold the button down. Does holding the button halfway first to focus then clicking slow it down or speed it up. Thats the only thing I can think of that I did different when I first tried it.
    06-16-09 12:33 PM
    CHIX, same issue with my camera. It worked great after upgrade and now it has a 5 second delay. Sometimes it will not take pictures. I checked the settings and nothing has changed on the device.

I run very few apps and my memory floats between 35 - 45 megs.
    06-25-09 11:49 AM
    Run a 148 hybrid and the camera rocks
    06-25-09 12:11 PM
    On my storm, it appears that the camera button is not aligned. Especially in the video camera. When doing video, I have to click slightly below the record/pause button in order for the phone to respond correctly.

I'm not sure if this issue also affects the regular camera. I'm sitting in a meeting and can't test it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by carlos31820; 06-25-09 at 01:21 PM.
    06-25-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD