I have done some searching but really didnt see a definitive answer.
    I really like my storm but think the camera sucks,I use my phone camera aloot for my business..

I wasnt sure if anyone thinks it will really get better or not.I have the latest update that came via push from verizon.

Im not dogging the storm in any way ,I just hate the camera..
    I love the html email and I wouldnt give it up for that reason alone.
    Unless verizon gets a better blackberry that also reads html email.

anyways ,Im looking for camera fixes or suggestions.

Thanks
    01-09-09 11:09 PM
    If you upgrade to the unofficial .85 the camera works perfect. They addressed this issue.
    01-09-09 11:34 PM
    If you upgrade to the unofficial .85 the camera works perfect. They addressed this issue.
    umm... lies
    01-09-09 11:35 PM
    Ditto on the lies. It doesn't work perfect for everyone. It doesn't work any better for me than with .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:58 PM
    The camerea still has some issues in .85 but it is a lot better since.65.

Some people have no issues.
    01-10-09 12:02 AM
    what was wrong with it in the first place
    01-10-09 12:04 AM
    wow didn't know .85 did it:
    01-10-09 12:52 AM
    The camera in .85 might not be perfect -- but it's incredibly fast compared to .75 and before. I still have some issues taking pictures in landscape (doesn't seem to want to get an autofocus lock on anything, sometimes), but in portrait mode it's very nice. The picture quality is also very good. in good / daylight lighting I'd give it an 8/10. Dark/dim light maybe a 5 or 6... but I keep wanting to compare it to my canon digital rebel, which just isn't fair.
    01-10-09 01:12 AM
    Doesn't work perfect for me, still lags. Sometimes doesn't save and I'm running .85.
    01-10-09 01:14 AM
    Yeah I don't know what you mean by perfect in .85.....i still get alotta lag when autofocusing.....i still like it though, better than any other phone-cam i've ever had, quality wise (plus flash), but the lag just kills it for me, makes it less & less fun to use.....can't use it for candid shots, shots gotta be setup!
    01-10-09 07:36 AM
    Mine still lags big time on .85. It also resets my phone about every other time I use it. Talk about a pain. The camera is still useless for me.

01-10-09 07:52 AM
    .85 is no better than .75 for me. The delay is ridiculous. I've missed many a photo waiting for the shutter to click.

I realize it's not a substitute for a stand alone camera but it should be alot more responsive. It's great for photographing corpses but not much else.

So the question is; is it a hardware or software issue???
    01-10-09 08:54 AM
    So the question is; is it a hardware or software issue???
    software issue
    01-10-09 09:18 AM
    software issue
    I sure hope it's a software issue. It seems odd some people have a very responsive camera & others have a poorly responsive camera. When you consider we are all on .75 or .85, I'm not so sure.
    01-10-09 10:06 AM
    Where would one find this ".85" and/or find if it is already running said program?
    01-11-09 11:24 AM
    Anyone with an answer? I really need to see if I have one program vs. another, and/or which one works best.
    01-11-09 11:35 AM
    Go to Options, then click "About" and it's the 3rd line.
    01-11-09 11:39 AM
    Go to Options, then click "About" and it's the 3rd line.
    Cheers, mate.
    01-11-09 11:41 AM
    Ok. I have .75. How would I acquire .85?
    01-11-09 11:45 AM
    Search threads or wait for the OTA release (soon) and then follow the instructions on your phone.

01-11-09 11:51 AM
    Search threads or wait for the OTA release (soon) and then follow the instructions on your phone.

I'll see what I can do. This phone and these boards are new to me. Thanks for the help - I will update as soon as possible.
    01-11-09 11:53 AM
    I too have been disappointed with the camera (see post)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/do...ust-me-114887/

It's not that I ever expected it to take pictures like a REAL Digital SLR, but I want it to at least take pictures.

At least to me, the majority of what I would use a camera phone for are spontaneous candid shots - and that is what this phone is useless for (again, at least for me). I'll admit, I haven't upgraded to the beta .85 (since I'm told the official version is a day by day thing), but I am hoping that upgrades will at least effect the lag time in shooting. IMHO, once you hit the button, the shutter should snap immediately.

Also, I don't like how it doesn't capture the same vibrant colors of what you're trying to shoot. It works best when you're outdoors and have bright sunlight, but the less light you have, the more the shots become washed out. In a darker setting (i.e. inside a restaurant), you might as well give up.

Here's to hoping that fixes are in the making!
    01-11-09 12:00 PM
    Well I'm not an iPhone advocate, but after using my sister-in-law's phone, the lag is more than significant with the Storm. Hers, you could aim, take the picture and then do it again by the time the Storm took ONE. Actually, with the preview feature, you could probably take about 4-5 to 1 on the Storm and that's not an exaggeration.

Having said that, if it took pictures twice as fast as it does now, I'd be happy with it. I don't have to have the effect of an SLR on my phone, but being able to take pictures at a somewhat descent rate would be nice.
    01-12-09 10:10 AM
    well at leats it's a softare issue and not hardware that can be resolved
    01-12-09 10:40 AM
    the camera on this phone is a long ways away from being where it should be
    01-12-09 12:13 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD