I'm on my third Storm. The first suffered a screen click issue and dust under the screen. The second suffered dust under the screen. AND now the third is by far the worst with dust under the screen. Tried to get it replaced in store, but as I figured they said I had to call to get a replacement since its been over thirty days. Should I call and get a refurb?

What I really want to know is:

Does anyone have a positive experience with a refurb? Please share. I'm just afraid I'll get a refurb that still has a screen seal issue.

Thanks in advance.
    01-27-09 03:12 PM
    no just keep the one you have with dust under the screen?
    01-27-09 03:13 PM
    Yeah, I've considered that. However, I would like to think its possible to get a Storm that doesn't have a screen seal issue. Also, it's quite annoying when your screen looks like the beginnings of a sand box.
    01-27-09 03:18 PM
    in my experiences with verizons refurb devices....NO
    01-27-09 03:21 PM
    Order a refurb...turn it on a use it for a day...then decide which is better...if the original is better, just send the refurb back in the box...
    01-27-09 03:24 PM
    Order a refurb...turn it on a use it for a day...then decide which is better...if the original is better, just send the refurb back in the box...
    Yeah I might just do that. Does anyone currently have a refurb their using?
    01-27-09 03:26 PM
    Yep on my 3rd refurb. If u have any problems just take it back..oh yeah get one that was made in Canada not Mexico..Mexico one have problems with video and playback..not proven just my opinion..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 01:43 AM
    ...and you would post in a year old thread because ....?
    01-09-10 02:10 AM
    The refurb will probably be your 1st or 2nd storm taken apart and thrown back together.
    01-09-10 02:23 PM
    I'm not sure if to call it refurb although I received Certified Like New and I tell you what its newer than previous Canada, Hungary, first had scotch tape, and to top it off had scratches. Returned in a 30 day period back in July09, had camera issues would not start, also had noticeable gaps in which you can see light all around screen same thing with replacement, even though hardware was awesome, survivor, I decided to try another what the heke just give it a try so I got 3rd storm Mexican made WOW!! Way better No light around screen clicks a whole lot better screen brightness is brighter. The sides, where chrome is, it would get a crunch sound when handled.
    This one solid,
    So listen just give it a try it might be the chosen one..

01-10-10 11:37 AM
    My refurb is fantastic. No dust under the screen and runs great with OS 5.0.0.419. You shouldn't have any issues.

01-10-10 02:20 PM
    I dont think they make a Storm that will keep dust out from under the screen. Everyone I have had has had the problem... I keep mine in my pants pocket most of the time.
    01-11-10 08:34 AM
    I'm not sure if to call it refurb although I received Certified Like New and I tell you what its newer than previous Canada, Hungary, first had scotch tape, and to top it off had scratches. Returned in a 30 day period back in July09, had camera issues would not start, also had noticeable gaps in which you can see light all around screen same thing with replacement, even though hardware was awesome, survivor, I decided to try another what the heke just give it a try so I got 3rd storm Mexican made WOW!! Way better No light around screen clicks a whole lot better screen brightness is brighter. The sides, where chrome is, it would get a crunch sound when handled.
    This one solid,
    So listen just give it a try it might be the chosen one..

Mine too, I got one that is made in Hungary and it is WAY better than my 1st phone. It is very solid, clicks perfectly, it is great.
    01-11-10 08:42 AM
    Is it a pain in the **** to get the replacement? Do they cross ship the new one? I have a few flecks building up near one corner and the rest of the phone runs so great I am really debating just putting up with it for the next few months before I get something newer anyway... But if the refurb process isnt too painful (i dont care about reloading settings and apps, just about how long I will be without a phone) then I may give it a shot.
    01-11-10 08:48 AM
    Is it a pain in the **** to get the replacement? Do they cross ship the new one? I have a few flecks building up near one corner and the rest of the phone runs so great I am really debating just putting up with it for the next few months before I get something newer anyway... But if the refurb process isnt too painful (i dont care about reloading settings and apps, just about how long I will be without a phone) then I may give it a shot.
    No pain at all, they ship you our the new phone, when you get it you have 10 days to return it after you activate it. Get the new one, use it for a few days and make sure all is good with it, check camera, screen clicks, headset jack, etc.

Then ship back your old one.
    01-11-10 11:17 AM
    im on my second refurb.......i have to say better than my original storm when it came out that thing sucked balls....then my 1st refurb got water damage and i sent it to vz and they didnt notice hahahaha...now i got this one and its good nothing wrong with the hardware just all to blame on a crappy *** Os that cant do anything right except leak memory all over the place and limit the amoutn of apps u can DL oh yea and almost forgot u gotta battery pull every few days or so or ur phone forgets its suppossed to be smart....sorry for the sarcasm but this os is getting me fired up lately
    01-12-10 05:50 PM
    Get case sold in verizonwireless actually, its dust water and drop resistant its abouit 14.97 on clearance right now have them order it for you before 3 pm and youll have it the next day.
    01-12-10 09:27 PM
    I'm on my third Storm. The first suffered a

Does anyone have a positive experience with a refurb? Please share. I'm just afraid I'll get a refurb that still has a screen seal issue.

Thanks in advance.
    For me #13 was the charm. Good luck
    01-12-10 09:39 PM
    Dang, first replacement on the way (hard keys finally failed on original after 1 year of use), now I'm getting nervous that I'll inherit more problems!
    01-13-10 06:11 AM
    Had my first storm for almost a year. It fell out of my holster while i was on a ladder and the screen broke. Called asurion and they sent me out a replacement. It was refurb #1. Had that for about 4 days then the cover over the camera fell off and the middle 2 hard keys fell off. Called assurion they sent me refurb #2 yesterday. when i received it powered it on and the middle 2 hard keys didnt work. Called assurion and i am receiving my new storm 2 today. It blew my mind when she asked me if I wanted a new storm 1 or a new storm 2 of course i said storm 2.
    01-13-10 06:21 AM
    Well FWIW knock on wood the replacement came, swap out was seamless, and it works fine for now! All hard keys OK, better screen function. We'll see how long it lasts.
    01-15-10 09:35 AM
    Sorry about the mobile link, I'm without internet right now. Nonetheless, this is a refurbished storm unboxing video!
    Last edited by Taterfry; 01-15-10 at 10:00 AM.
    01-15-10 09:47 AM
    Spoke a bit too soon. Somehow lost all my contacts in the backup / restore process! PITA
    ...and then reappeared. Very very odd...
    Last edited by pastorbrad; 01-15-10 at 11:28 AM.
    01-15-10 10:39 AM
    My fourth Storm since Feb '09 will be here today. I called and told them the dust under the screen was so bad it darkened one corner and in daylight the screen was almost unusable. The CSR told me they don't usually replace for "dust under the screen" but would do me a favor and do so since I was still under my one year manufac. warranty.

This will be a PITA as I have many alps that are paid that will have to get fixed to run with new PIN!

01-15-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD