Ok so I have been having this on going issue with my caller ID. For whatever reason beyond my control if I get a call while my phone is locked I only get the number NOT the name.

Last night a friend of mine calls me past midnight and I screened his call cuz I didn't recognize his number. It also gave my wife an open invitation to start acting like Mrs. Tiger Woods...but is there any App or a feature I have to get or disable?

I have tried VZW and they don't seen to know what to do..they claim its a RIM issue..so I'm turning over to you guys who are actually better..lol

Thanks..
    Not Tiger...lol
    12-24-09 07:39 AM
    Ok I have an update...it seems to only work with NON-VZW csrs...
    12-24-09 03:11 PM
    do you have storm slider or storm lock or whatever a third party locking app that might be it.... just a thought...
    12-24-09 09:45 PM
    You have your Address Book included in your Content Protection. When you do that, the CallerID function can't look up the number to get the name when a call comes in. The solution is easy. Take your Address Book out of Content Protection. Options / Security Options / General Settings / Content Protection / Include Contacts: Change to No.

If you don't find Content Protection under General Settings, look around. It will be somewhere in the Security or Password menus. RIM has gotten an annoying tendency to move things around with OS revisions.
    12-24-09 10:02 PM
    I'll change that so let's see if that works...I'll stay posted..
    12-25-09 12:40 AM
    You have your Address Book included in your Content Protection. When you do that, the CallerID function can't look up the number to get the name when a call comes in. The solution is easy. Take your Address Book out of Content Protection. Options / Security Options / General Settings / Content Protection / Include Contacts: Change to No.

If you don't find Content Protection under General Settings, look around. It will be somewhere in the Security or Password menus. RIM has gotten an annoying tendency to move things around with OS revisions.
    ok i tried that and still nothing...i notice a lil yellow lock underneath the date in portrait mode and in the top middle of landscape mode...now this lock only appears when the phone locks itself not when i lock it on my own...still no ideas??
    12-28-09 09:47 PM
    Please don't be offended by my question, but did you really remove the Address Book from Content Protection? Having the Address Book included in Content Protection and the phone locked is the only way I know to produce the effect I think you are describing. If that's not your problem, then you have something outside my experience.
    12-29-09 01:31 AM
    No Jeff I'm not offended at all...I actually appreciate the help...

Ok here is what I did...

Options>Security Options>Encryption>Include Contacts>Yes then I entered my PW...

Let me know if I'm missing anything

Thanks again...
    12-29-09 11:16 AM
    No Jeff I'm not offended at all...I actually appreciate the help...

Ok here is what I did...

Options>Security Options>Encryption>Include Contacts>Yes then I entered my PW...

Let me know if I'm missing anything

Thanks again...
    12-29-09 11:17 AM
    OP, I think you want to change that Yes to No to not have the address book encrypted. Seems like with yes, it is.
    12-29-09 11:32 AM
    cdowner is correct. Change the "Yes" to "No" to take your Address Book out of Content Protection. If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's a different problem that will require more thought and details.
    12-29-09 11:53 AM
    Yes I did that...I forgot to add that...I went to vzw they seemed clueless I figure I'll give u guys another crack at it if not I have till the 1st to exchange it...

Thanks again
    12-29-09 12:10 PM
    ok so i got it figured out...they (VZW Tech Support) transferred me to RIM and they told VZW to reset my CID..so now it works...

Thank You guys for all your help!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR...
    12-30-09 09:39 PM
    Ok awesome. Thanks to everyone now I know what to do. Much appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:23 PM
    I too was having issues with this and did some research.. no matter what OS u have here are a list of things to look into and change.. Hope this helps all the people out there. it has helped me..

the page was found on blackberry support and services page under technical solution center.. put in caller id not working while phone locked and it will give 3 different options accoriding to your OS. I tried to post the link but wasnt allowed to
    08-21-10 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD