I've searched all over these forums and haven't come across a thread with this issue (if i missed it, post the link)....

I've gotten multiple complaints from people that I sound far away when I'm talking on my phone. Either I sound like i'm outside, in a tunnel, or just REALLY far away from the phone....

It mainly happens when i'm lying down in a perfectly quiet setting with no outside noise.... I thought it might have to do with the case I had on the phone or maybe the way I was holding the phone, but it happens sans case and I don't think the way i hold the phone has anything to do with it (i'm not covering the receiver). Strangely enough, when it does happen, the only way to make myself sound normal is to press the screen in with my face when I talk.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

I'm running v4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153) but this issue has happened throughout all my OS updates....

Thanks for the help
    04-15-09 03:12 PM
    here's one of several threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...alking-201460/
    Last edited by leo1055; 04-15-09 at 03:21 PM.
    04-15-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks for the link...

Read through the thread but it doesn't seem like the same issue. My voice doesn't sound muffled or hard to understand... just that I sound like I'm standing like 100 feet away from the phone when i'm talking....
    04-15-09 03:20 PM
    dunno then -- some people might describe the same thing as either muffled or as far away

try searching
    04-15-09 03:22 PM
    Thanks, i found something that sounds similar....
    04-15-09 03:30 PM
    Sorry? I can't hear you...you sound really far away...

haha j/k glad you found it -- can you post the link in a reply for my enlightenment?

thanks
    04-15-09 03:32 PM
    Have you tested it in a noisy setting? If it sounds BETTER in a noisier setting, the noise cancellation may be pulling a fast one on you when it doesn't have real noise to cancel in a quiet room.
    04-15-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks Zazz, I think that's what it is. Ridiculous that an actual function of the phone is what's causing this issue for so many people....

I can't post links yet, but the thread is titled "all those out there who have call quality issues". The post is 2nd to last on the first page.....
    04-16-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD