Call me crazy but part of the fun of the storm is figuring out how to use it. I love the fact that not every thing is quite intuitive. I have had for 2 weeks and its been the "funnest" two weeks figuring out new things about the device and how to do new things each day. Each day I learn how to do something better or a different way. its just amazing how many things this phone can do. this discovery period has been part of the whole experience with a blackberry and a storm. Iphone is too easy that anybody can figure out how to do things. With the storm it has been great experience reading crackberry and learning new techniques everyday...Am I the only one??
    12-07-08 06:01 PM
    Call me crazy but part of the fun of the storm is figuring out how to use it. I love the fact that not every thing is quite intuitive. I have had for 2 weeks and its been the "funnest" two weeks figuring out new things about the device and how to do new things each day. Each day I learn how to do something better or a different way. its just amazing how many things this phone can do. this discovery period has been part of the whole experience with a blackberry and a storm. Iphone is too easy that anybody can figure out how to do things. With the storm it has been great experience reading crackberry and learning new techniques everyday...Am I the only one??
    I'm on my third Blackberry.

I've gone from Suretype (7130e) to Qwerty (8830) to Suretype/Qwerty (9530). Each one has been different in their own right and fun to learn along the way.
    12-07-08 06:09 PM
    This is my first BB and I've only had the Storm for like three days...that being said, I think the phone isn't perfect by any means but nothing ever is...I am very happy with the phone as it stands right now and can only hope future OS updates will make it run smoother and more efficiently than it does now...yeah, some things could be changed...some things could be unlocked...some features could be implemented or enhanced...but, at the end of the day, the Storm is a very solid phone...couple that with Verizon's network coverage and you got a awesome device

As far as your comment regarding the iPhone's ease of use, it's a double edged sword...yeah, the Storm needs tweaking for it to be optimized...and the iPhone doesn't really need that...it can pretty much be used right out of the box...that will probably be the primary reason why the Storm will never gain the market share of an iPhone: user friendliness right out of the box...most consumers don't wanna spend time fiddling around with this and that...they just want to buy it, activate and use it and they want it to run smooth right from the start...the Storm will probably never be like that

Enough of that...I am really liking the Storm right now...that's it!!
    12-07-08 06:22 PM
    This is my first BB and I've only had the Storm for like three days...that being said, I think the phone isn't perfect by any means but nothing ever is...I am very happy with the phone as it stands right now and can only hope future OS updates will make it run smoother and more efficiently than it does now...yeah, some things could be changed...some things could be unlocked...some features could be implemented or enhanced...but, at the end of the day, the Storm is a very solid phone...couple that with Verizon's network coverage and you got a awesome device

As far as your comment regarding the iPhone's ease of use, it's a double edged sword...yeah, the Storm needs tweaking for it to be optimized...and the iPhone doesn't really need that...it can pretty much be used right out of the box...that will probably be the primary reason why the Storm will never gain the market share of an iPhone: user friendliness right out of the box...most consumers don't wanna spend time fiddling around with this and that...they just want to buy it, activate and use it and they want it to run smooth right from the start...the Storm will probably never be like that

Enough of that...I am really liking the Storm right now...that's it!!
    You got the right attitude.
    12-07-08 06:26 PM
    agreed and thats a great post. I love discovering new things about my device and I love the thread stickied here that helps us discover some hidden tricks .
    12-07-08 06:28 PM
    I love the discovery period of a new gadget makes early adopting worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 06:30 PM
    +1...... A day or two ago, I discovered a shortcut that I used on a WinMo device was also present in the Storm. I said to myself, "oh Sugar Honey Iced Tea." Then I started to click buttons to uncover more...
    12-07-08 06:32 PM
    having depth is good. being non-intuitive is not good.

I love the storm, but i already had a bb before, so I figured lots of stuff out pretty quickly
    12-07-08 06:33 PM
    being my second berry it was much easier to fig out than first one , there def is a learnng curve to these things . First berry i was ready to throw out the window several times Best part is the better half wont use the thing because she doesnt understand how it all works
    12-07-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD