New to BlackBerry from Palm and Windows and I miss a lot of the features. Is there an advanced incoming call software for the Storm that allows me to keep all unknown numbers silent while known numbers have my chosen ring-tone??
    Last edited by dots260; 05-07-09 at 02:26 PM. Reason: forgot to post my phone type
    05-07-09 02:24 PM
    I haven't tried it, but this tip from the How To and Faq forum may answer your question. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/
    05-08-09 09:28 PM
    I believe you can assign ringtones to your contacts then create a custom profile that has the volume on the phone ringtone set to silent.

That way your contacts have a special ringtone that will ring and anyone who's not in your contact book will have the default ringtone, which is silent, so you won't hear the ring when unknowns call.

I think that should work.
    05-08-09 09:47 PM
    I believe you can assign ringtones to your contacts then create a custom profile that has the volume on the phone ringtone set to silent.

That way your contacts have a special ringtone that will ring and anyone who's not in your contact book will have the default ringtone, which is silent, so you won't hear the ring when unknowns call.

I think that should work.
    This is the best answer/solution for you.
    Agree 100%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD