I had an 8830 for over a year prior to the storm and I don't recall the actual call logs or send screen deleting all my call information when I delete prior from my inbox. I have my call settings to show call log on initial view and show the most used. Is there a way to keep that call log to continue to show most used even when I delete prior from my inbox? It is annoying to have to search contacts every time I delete prior from my inbox and then proceed to making a call.
    12-08-08 11:49 AM
    I have the same issue. Pretty annoying actualy. I'd like to be able to empty the main message box without removing all those other logs.

Is there a way to just not have call logs show up in messages? I assume then deleting prior wouldn't delete call logs.
    12-08-08 05:19 PM
    Go into Phone, Menu/Options. Call Loggin, set it to None. That'll keep call logs out of your Messages and just leave them under the Phone app. That way when you empty Messages, you won't wack the call logs as well.
    12-08-08 06:42 PM
    ^^

I took them out of the message box almost instantly because the message box for me is to be used for actual messages
    12-08-08 06:57 PM
    Thank you so much! That worked perfectly.
    12-09-08 10:07 AM
    Thanks that works great! From the name of the option i thought it controlled what got logged, not what got logged to the messages folder, but reading the description once you click on it says "show these call log types in messages list"!

Excellent!
    12-09-08 10:09 AM
    I agree with the first two posters.

I like my call log to be included in my messages inbox.

I like to delete all prior inbox messages, yet keep my call log.

Turning off call logging, will keep the calls out of the message inbox alright, so deleting all messages will keep the call logs.

I like the previous behaviour.

I know this is possible, b/c I saw someone with the Storm do it on Friday, we just didn't have time to compare all of our settings.

There must be a way!
    12-22-08 09:31 AM
    ^^^ Your call log is available when you hit the Send button once. Why the heck would you want it double posting in Messages as well? That's the worse thing RIM could have implemeted.
    12-22-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD