I just got the Storm last week and am already having a problem. (I downlaoded all the current updates as soon as I got it home)

First of all, I just got a call a few minutes ago and when I tried to answer it, it wouldn't let me. I tried to push both the "answer" on the screen and when that didn't work I tried the button. Neither allowed me to answer it & it went to voicemail.

Second, I just tried to call myself at work ( as an experiment). When I hit send, it had the little clock pop up as if it was thinking. It took a good 30 seconds to actually send the call. Then, when I send to hit the disconnect, it wouldn't hang up. ( I also tried both the touch pad & the button)

Any suggestions?

I would hate to miss an important call or have an emergency and have it take that long to actually send it.
    06-23-09 11:53 AM
    Welcome to the Blackberry Storm..

You'll get familiar with the bugs.. I'm on .132, tried .148 was horrible.. but some report its good.

06-23-09 12:10 PM
    So, I take it there is no way to fix this?
    06-23-09 12:40 PM
    There is a way to fix this: The Blackberry Tour. It comes out in July and will not give you the same problems that the Storm does.

Fact is, the Storm is a half-baked device. Take it back, get a Curve or something, and then get the Tour when it comes out. Sorry.
    06-23-09 12:51 PM
    Glad Im not the only one with the problems. I have a host of different issues, and I dont want to make a whole seperate thread, so if you dont mind Ill hijack yours.

I have that phone answering problem here and there. I usually just pull the battery and it snaps back.

My current problem is that I have very little memory already? I tried to download the Verizon authorized update, and it said I do not have enough memory?
    I only have maybe 5-6 apps loaded, and 8 gigs of space? How the **** did I run out that much memory? I do have a decent amount of pictures and some voice memos, but I still cant belive I would be out of memory space?
    06-23-09 12:58 PM
    Didi you do a batt pull after the update?
    06-23-09 01:38 PM
    If this happens to anyone, you're most certainly out of memory. Clean some stuff up. BTW, if you did the update to .148 OTA, then you've got some left behind files on your internal memory from the update. Go into wireless update and one of the Menu choices in there should be to purge downloaded update files. You no longer need these anyway, they're just takeing up space for nothing.
    06-23-09 01:47 PM
    Didi you do a batt pull after the update?
    Yea what he said...it takes a day or two for the OS to settle down and work properly. A couple of battery pulls will do the trick. Just like when you do a fresh install of vista or xp you have to restart the computer for everything to settle in and work properly. Dont listen to all the whiners out there that bash the storm they probably just dont know what they're doing. My storm was working fine with .148 but i installed lyricidals hybrid and it works even better.
    06-23-09 01:47 PM
    There is a way to fix this: The Blackberry Tour. It comes out in July and will not give you the same problems that the Storm does.

Fact is, the Storm is a half-baked device. Take it back, get a Curve or something, and then get the Tour when it comes out. Sorry.
    How do you know that the Tour won't have any problems? Do you have one? All phones have problems.
    06-23-09 01:49 PM
    I too have been getting the little clock icon for the past couple of days. Storm was working really well but the last week I've been battling this mini clock/waiting icon... many missed calls and fustrating useage because of it.

Did a few good battery pulls and it hasn't helped. Dropped an app or two as well to free up memory and that too isn't doing the trick either. I'm really fustrated over it.
    07-12-09 02:25 AM
    Do a clean wipe and reinstall the OS. But do not reload your settings with DM. Could be that your phone has corrputed databases causing huge lag. Search CB forums for JL_Cmder and the thread about "Resolved Memory Leak".
    07-12-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD