Hi,

This month is my birthday and my girlfriend wants to buy me a storm. I have one Bold and I dont know very much about the storm. What model have we to buy (I see there are two but I dont know the differences....)? We have att so, can we get one unlock device? We have seen one in New York and it has the Vodafone logo but I dont know... What is the best option? Is really the storm much better than he Bold? Thanks in advance guys...
    03-11-09 10:40 PM
    well in my opinion, you should keep the bold, since it has wi-fi and has a physical keyboard, cause in the storm, the typing is more slow, but if you like to have the latest, then go ahead with the storm.
    bottom line any blackberry you choose will be an excellent smartphone.
    Last edited by tranebwc; 03-11-09 at 11:54 PM.
    03-11-09 10:57 PM
    I got rid of my Bold for a Storm and I love it. Just don't screw around with these unofficial "beta" operating systems. The phone works just fine with the factory O/S. Soon RIM will have an update.
    03-11-09 11:04 PM
    If you like to text, email, and keep your sanity, stay with the bold. If your into constant battery pulls and laggy buggy system the Storm is your phone hands down.

I'm sorry but thats a headache handset i am extremely glad is now out of my life.
    03-11-09 11:16 PM
    you should get it i have had it for 2 months and loving it
    03-11-09 11:47 PM
    I'd keep the Bold over the Storm, for now.
    03-12-09 12:04 AM
    KEEP THE BOLD! I returned my Storm for my old 8330 and couldn't be happier. I can't wait until Telus gets the Niagara. That'll be my switch!

BTW....I had my Storm since the first release date. Saying so, I did put the effort in to get used to it. Many, many problems with 4 replacements. I had enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 07:21 AM
    really ask yourself how much typing you do. if you're emailing all day long, the bold is probably better. ive not once been in a situation where i wish i had wi-fi on my storm. obviously wi-fi is faster, but for what i do on the phone, its unnecessary as ev-do does just fine.

the storm is still work in progress though, so if you're expecting it to work perfectly out of the box, this is your warning. its coming along nicely via beta OSes which make the storm exponentially better and more fun to use. anyone who says otherwise and hasnt tried one yet for whatever reason can't really speak for it. sure they may be happy with .75, but they dont actually know what they are missing..109 was great, .114 is still being tested by many CBers.
    03-12-09 07:35 AM
    Thanks for all the answers!! I think I will purchase it but... how can I get one unlocked? I am in New York and I saw one in J&R. It had the logo of Vodafone and they told me it was unlocked but I dont really know... may I purchase it? Are the two models the same (9530 and 9500)?Do you know another place to buy it? Should I go to ATT? Thanks,

Roger
    03-12-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD