I bought my storm back in august, and noticed in the top right corner that one of the tiny pixel was burnt out, so I got it replaced with a new storm, no biggie. Yesterday I noticed that with my new storm Im missing a pixel in the same place pretty much. Has anyone else had this issue with there storm, burnt pixels?

By the way I dont use my phone to watch videos or anything like that.
    03-25-09 05:43 PM
    I bought my storm back in august, and noticed in the top right corner that one of the tiny pixel was burnt out, so I got it replaced with a new storm, no biggie. Yesterday I noticed that with my new storm Im missing a pixel in the same place pretty much. Has anyone else had this issue with there storm, burnt pixels?

Yup, got one as well, doesn't bother me too much as this phone clicks so much nicer than my first one. I don't watch videos on it either, just email, bbm, and phone.
    03-25-09 05:59 PM
    I have one also on the top left. Doesn't really bother me but I have a replacement on its way soon anyway...for other issues other than that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:07 PM
    Oooh, that would drive me nuts. I'm very obsessive compulsive about stuff like that. That sucks man, just bad luck it happened twice I guess.
    03-25-09 06:11 PM
    Are you sure its not just dust/dirt? Its hard to tell the difference especially during the white boot up screen. Try the vacuum or compressed air trick around the screen.
    03-25-09 06:37 PM
    I purchased my first storm from BB dec 7th, had dead pixel's (stuck on red) and replaced it and the new storm i got had the same issue but different spot. Now i am on my third and has been fine since dec 9th.
    03-25-09 06:44 PM
    Oooh, that would drive me nuts. I'm very obsessive compulsive about stuff like that. That sucks man, just bad luck it happened twice I guess.
    Man the Storm must SUCK for you then !!!
    03-25-09 06:48 PM
    That Would Bother Me Too
    03-25-09 06:51 PM
    Man the Storm must SUCK for you then !!!
    Haha, well there aren't too many issues like that with the storm. I mean that little messed up arrow glitch that appears sometimes where the blue arrow should be drives me crazy sometimes, and when the typing has to catch up to me and somehow it ends up backing out and saving the text as a draft, I get pretty upset...but overall it doesn't cause me too much heartache, haha.
    03-25-09 07:08 PM

How did you purchace your storm back in AUGUST? It didn't come out untill november.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:27 PM
    ^ I was thinking the same exact thing...
    03-25-09 07:36 PM
    arent dead pixles covered under the manufacture's warranty?
    03-25-09 10:08 PM
    my bad, i meant december, i beleive in canada it came out towards the end of december on telus. Thats really been the only issues i have with the storm, but i am getting another one, so hopefully 3rd time is the charm. And no its not dust, i've never had any issues with dust under my screen, its diffinitly a pixel, and yeah i guess im being anal, but i did buy my phone out for $600 so i do expect for my phone not to have any hardware issues at least lol, but thanks for the feed back

****get .113 for those who dont have it yet****
    03-26-09 07:29 PM
    1st storm - perfect screen, then dust, then dead pixel. Had it 29 days

2nd storm - would not click, felt mushy, and dead blue pixel you could only see on black in the middlish of the phone. Had it 10 days.

3rd storm - going great ! Screen clicks, no dust yet, no dead pixels but for some reason when I re added my software, the phone number pad appears out of no where. When I resynchronized the in stereo bluetooh in my car, it went away, I think... had it 2 days.
    03-26-09 07:58 PM
    Read this article on how to fix it
    LCDs: Fix your LCD's stuck pixels

Actually that is not exactly the one, I can't find it, what it said is to push the pixels towards the outsides.
    Last edited by Venc; 03-26-09 at 08:07 PM.
    03-26-09 08:03 PM
    Thank God nothing too bad has happened to my storm. :-)
    03-26-09 10:01 PM
    [QUOTE=

2nd storm - would not click, felt mushy, and dead blue pixel you could only see on black in the middlish of the phone. Had it 10 days.

QUOTE]

Yeah thats it, both times now its been a burnt blue pixel which you can only see with a black background...but like i said we'll see if 3rd time is a charm, plus the screen on this phone I've noticed gets stuck from time to time when I press it.
    03-26-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD