I just got my 9530 and the screen has some bubbles in it that I was able to push out to the sides. After a week of use I must have had something on my finger as there are now scratches on the screen I bought some protectors today but are those scratches perm or does that top layer a built in protector? I don't want to start pulling if it will cause a problem!

Thanks
    01-06-09 08:56 AM
    comes right off and its glass under it
    01-06-09 08:57 AM
    it's not even really a "protector", just a thin piece of plastic that scratches easily. Go ahead and peel it off before you put a purchased protector on.
    01-06-09 08:58 AM
    Peel it off. That is a factory screen protector.
    01-06-09 08:58 AM
    I would hope your glass screen didn't have bubbles you could push out :P
    01-06-09 09:20 AM
    I just got my 9530 and the screen has some bubbles in it that I was able to push out to the sides. After a week of use I must have had something on my finger as there are now scratches on the screen I bought some protectors today but are those scratches perm or does that top layer a built in protector? I don't want to start pulling if it will cause a problem!

Thanks
    I don't have a screen protector on my phone, and watch a 4 minutes video on youtube...The Storm Screen does NOT scratch easy and since I take really good care of my phones I don't have a screen protector...
    01-06-09 09:59 AM
    How well do the screen protectors work on the phone. As far as the ones purchased from VZ?

I have a friend who installed one, and it looks like crap now, are they that difficult to put on?

I haven't removed the factory one yet, as it is still in decent shape, but I also heard that the touch screen doesn't work as well with those protectors... This true?
    01-06-09 09:59 AM
    i dont have one on mine and seems alot more responcive.....plust it feels so good with no protection on it!
    01-06-09 10:05 AM
    How well do the screen protectors work on the phone. As far as the ones purchased from VZ?

I have a friend who installed one, and it looks like crap now, are they that difficult to put on?

I haven't removed the factory one yet, as it is still in decent shape, but I also heard that the touch screen doesn't work as well with those protectors... This true?
    Depends on the screen protector that is used. There are screen protectors that has a sticky underside. So if there is a hair, dust or particle stuck on it, its hard to remove. Than you have those that use static (which I use). Easily to apply and reapply. If there is dust or particle, I just lift it up with scotch tape, take another piece of tape and use it to grab the particle. I use Clarivue for all my portable electronics.
    01-06-09 10:35 AM
    You don't need screen protector. Almost impossible to scratch a storm
    01-06-09 11:19 AM
    Is it really?
    01-06-09 12:11 PM
    regardless if its impossible to scratch the storm, i rather have a screen protector on it.
    01-06-09 12:11 PM

Thanks
    Unless something has changed since I got mine your Storm already has a screen protector on it. I'm not talking about soft coating one that bubbles either that most electronics items have when you get them on their shiny plastic areas. The storm has that one and then another one underneath it. Peel the bubbling one off. That one isn't supposed to stay on the phone. Underneath that there should already be a screen protector on top of the glass. If you look closely around the edges of your screen you should see that there is in fact one already on top of the glass. I'd keep that one on there until it gets too many scratches on it. All the screen protectors will eventually scuff, except maybe the soft ones from Best Skins Ever, PhantomSkinz, etc, but they are softer and stickier and your finger may not glide so smoothly as with the harder coated ones. Save your screen protectors you purchased until the factory installed ones needs replacing.
    Last edited by kidqwik; 01-06-09 at 01:10 PM.
    01-06-09 12:21 PM
    yea yank the protective film right off, the screen underneath is actually very strong and very scratch resistant, and the viewing is 10 times better without the OEM film. check out this vid of a torture test on the storm.

01-06-09 01:08 PM
    personally i went without anything on the storm for about 5 weeks, then i got my full body invisible shield installed, i do like it a ton eventho it was a ***** to get it fully installed, ( took about 30 min and lots of bubbles to work out.) i also cut pieces of paper up and folded them in half and fit them around the screen so that the excess of the applicator spray wouldnt get under the screen as i saw from a video on youtube and it worked out rather well
    01-06-09 01:13 PM
    plust it feels so good with no protection on it!

Yeah, yeah... that's what they all say hahaha!
    01-06-09 01:20 PM
    LOL yea it always feels better haha
    01-06-09 01:36 PM
    **** I cant seem to pull the "factory" protector off. I have had it since 12-24 and it has some scratches where I use my right thumb to scroll.. I almost picked it off on day 1 trying to pull the little one with the button descriptions off but I pushed it back down. My problem is I dont have long fingernails and don't really want to take anything sharp to it quite yet.
    01-06-09 05:19 PM
    I had my original phone for two weeks. I dropped it 2x, the first time was from a 2 foot height onto stone tile and the second time was from a 4 foot height onto carpeting.

I had a clearly distinctive scratch on my glass which I assume came from the tile drop.

Would a screen protector have been sufficient to prevent the scratch? Who knows, but from my experience, it's not all that hard to scratch your screen and I just ordered a Seidio protector just in case...
    01-06-09 10:31 PM
    I had my original phone for two weeks. I dropped it 2x, the first time was from a 2 foot height onto stone tile and the second time was from a 4 foot height onto carpeting.

I had a clearly distinctive scratch on my glass which I assume came from the tile drop.

Would a screen protector have been sufficient to prevent the scratch? Who knows, but from my experience, it's not all that hard to scratch your screen and I just ordered a Seidio protector just in case...
    Is your stock one still on it?
    And don't plan on using a holster or cradle with that on....
    01-06-09 11:40 PM
    Is your stock one still on it?
    And don't plan on using a holster or cradle with that on....
    Is my stock protector still on? No, I noticed it right away and removed it.

I now have an Innocase I, Seidio screen protector and Holster. That is about all the protective investment that I'm willing to do. If this doesn't work there's always the insurance to fall back on.
    01-08-09 08:53 PM
    comes right off and its glass under it
    yup...this is what I found on my last storm
    01-08-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD