So I've heard that people who have their phones made in Mexico have a better build quality than those made in Canada? i.e. significantly less dust under the screen

But I just looked, and my storm was made in Hungary. Does Hungarian made storms have any kind of stereotype like the Canadian ones?

Thanks.
    06-22-09 01:04 PM
    Mine was built in Hungary too and I haven't had a single problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 01:06 PM
    Mine was made in mexico on 12/8/08. No problems. Screen clicks perfect,no dust issues.

06-22-09 01:25 PM
    My first storm dated 11-21-08 was made in Canada. It absolutely sucked! Dust under screen ws horrible. Hardware was defective, dropped calls, lost signal quickly etc. Had vzw switch it out. This one is made in Mexico and had no problems thus far. I still can't wait to get rid of storm once the tour comes out. Worst blackberry I've ever used..

06-22-09 04:28 PM
    My canadian storm works great so does my better half's mexican one. I see no difference between them. I don't understand the whole dust under the screen thing. What are people doing with these phones? If you keep this phone in your pocket you are dimented. The constant pressure on the screen can't be good for it. That's probably source of the dust problem too. Makes no sense to me.

06-22-09 10:19 PM
    Mine was made in Mexico. Had screen click problems and fixed it with the famous civic dots. I don't think it matters where your phone was built. The blame for any hardware problems fall soley on the RIM designers. The manufacturers are just building to spec.
    06-22-09 10:26 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico and mine works great. No issues really.

06-22-09 10:45 PM
    Same here. Mexico built, no issues.
    06-23-09 01:17 AM
    canadian; works fine for me
    06-23-09 01:20 AM
    Mine was built in Hungary too and I haven't had a single problem.

how do you go about getting a hungarian storm?... i hear they're sweet lovers
    06-23-09 02:07 AM
    Mexico made 11/08. No harware issues, no dust, works beautifully
    06-23-09 02:10 AM
    how do i see where mine was made at?
    06-23-09 08:00 AM
    how do i see where mine was made at?
    take battery cover off > take battery out > on the white sticker > it says "Made in..." in small letters on the bottom right corner of the sticker
    06-23-09 09:48 AM
    Mine was made south of the US border also. I swear, I must've been really lucky and received a superior build when I bought mine in February, because I haven't had but a small fraction of the issues I read about here, and certainly nothing that's hardware related. I just haven't had nearly the frustrating experience that most others seem to have had.

Oh... and I keep my 9530 in my pocket all the time when I'm out of work and not in the office... no issues getting lint/dust under my screen whatsoever.
    06-23-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD