Hello,

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but i didn't find any post on it.

My BB Storm is getting an error sometimes but very often. I may happen at any time, even in my pocket.
    The screen becomes white and it is written :

No free ms - reset

Ans the BB resets.

I tried battery pull reset a lot of times, but with no results.
    I is happening since i updated the firmware with the blackberry desktop manager.

May somebody help me?
    Thanks
    05-08-09 05:15 PM
    How much free memory you have left? Is Options/Status, what's the File Free number?
    05-08-09 05:17 PM
    45358724 Octets

(my OS is in french, i hope this is what you asked)
    05-08-09 05:22 PM
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks
    05-09-09 03:17 AM
    Wow, i've just started to have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I've reinstalled my OS twice, once normally and a second time doing a complete wipe using JL_Cmder.

It's actually really irritating, the device loads up waits about 20 seconds then just crashes giving the No free ms - reset error message.

Talking about free memory it stays relatively consistent after startup at about 30-40% free.
    Last edited by davidic; 05-09-09 at 03:46 AM.
    05-09-09 03:43 AM
    I find a similar problem.
    If I use QuickPull to Restart or a Battery Pull, the phone restarts, checks the security software... looks normal
    Then the screen goes white and the message pops up in tny letters :NO FREE MS" and the phone resets, and keeps restarting with the same message recurring.
    Sometimes if it is connected to DM it will stop and function correctly. othertimes it keeps restarting.
    I have been able to stop the restting, by pressing the power button continuously as soon as I see the vodaphone logo.
    It then works fine when I switch it on. Just checked and Free mem is at 35.1mb.
    It also tells me that total Device memory is 879.2mb
    and that I have free space of 878.9mb..
    Not sure if this is correct..Not sure where the Installed programs and themes are....
    05-09-09 11:01 PM
    Which firmware version are you using? it started for me with .131
    05-09-09 11:55 PM
    I upgraded from 131 to 141 on FRiday, but I think I agree it started with 131. I never had anything like this with earlier versions..
    Also noticed when I ran DM to remove a program it kept on wanting to re-install BLackbery Core Applications of 32mb...
    Once or twice I received an error message that there wasnt enough room to do so..
    Each time I let it run it rebooted the phone without completeing...
    However I have just tried 2 or 3 times as we speak , and it finally completed the install successfully of the Core applications...
    I am holding thumbs that this may have fixed the Free MS problem..
    Strange a few minutes ago it restarted with 35Mb free memory
    Now it restarted and there is 26MB...
    05-10-09 12:09 AM
    Hi Guys,

I am glad to find this thread!

I have had this issue on my Storm since last week, I have been running .122 and .141 (to try solvew the issue) since then, I have wiped the handheld from the security menu, then wiped it with JL_Cmdr and then loaded .141 afresh but the problem is still there!

Has anyone tried loading an earlier OS to see if that has solved it? .141 has been officially released by vodafone UK so that should have issues? Perhaps it is a hardware failure of some kind?

Lets keep this thread ticking over, we will get there eventually!
    05-10-09 11:09 PM
    Remove the microSD cards and reboot. See if it errors out again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 11:54 PM
    I have tried this a couple of times but with no success, the issue still persists!
    05-11-09 12:06 AM
    Hello,

i wiped it completely and then installed .122

Same problem again.

My shop told me to bring it back for an exchange...
    05-11-09 08:08 AM
    Pictoplasma, just a quick question, have you been using weratherbug?
    05-11-09 05:02 PM
    Just got my replacement handset. Looks like this was a genuine hardware issue
    05-25-09 08:31 PM
    hey all, just wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a hardware issue??

just got my new replacement phone with .78 installed jumped straight to .141 and now i notice this problem everytime i do a battery pull, it happens randomly too, somtimes a 3rd or 4th pull will solve it.

as we speak i did a battery pull and after 4 constant resets its stayin on....really cant afford to send in my phone for another 2 weeks.

any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    05-26-09 03:39 AM
    hey all, just wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a hardware issue??

just got my new replacement phone with .78 installed jumped straight to .141 and now i notice this problem everytime i do a battery pull, it happens randomly too, somtimes a 3rd or 4th pull will solve it.

as we speak i did a battery pull and after 4 constant resets its stayin on....really cant afford to send in my phone for another 2 weeks.

any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    I am in exactly the same position now, here in Australia I picked up a brand new Storm after a 2 week wait, loaded .141 on it and the same but the No Free MS...RESET flashes up about 10-15 seconds after boot and it goes into a boot loop!

I am stumped! I deliberately didnt use any backup files incase somethign there was causing the issue, my apps are Weatherbug, Soft Reset and Viigo!

Can anyone help?
    05-26-09 05:01 PM
    I am in exactly the same position now, here in Australia I picked up a brand new Storm after a 2 week wait, loaded .141 on it and the same but the No Free MS...RESET flashes up about 10-15 seconds after boot and it goes into a boot loop!

I am stumped! I deliberately didnt use any backup files incase somethign there was causing the issue, my apps are Weatherbug, Soft Reset and Viigo!

Can anyone help?
    yeah exactly the same with me....but i noticed after about 3~4 continuous reboots it just boots up normally then you can use it again......atm im not game to send my phone away again so for the mean time im just gonna live with it.
    05-30-09 01:48 AM
    try plugging the device into a PC and running the check disk on both the memory card and device memory and have it fix all problems if there is any this may resolve your issue as I had the same thing and this resolved mine.
    05-30-09 04:54 AM
    had the same problem. just reloaded the OS using Loader.exe (*not* DM) and it went away. haven't had it since.
    05-30-09 11:00 AM
    had the same problem. just reloaded the OS using Loader.exe (*not* DM) and it went away. haven't had it since.
    Now that's unusual, all of the reports from a 9500, you're the first to report the problem on a 9530.
    05-30-09 01:53 PM
    try plugging the device into a PC and running the check disk on both the memory card and device memory and have it fix all problems if there is any this may resolve your issue as I had the same thing and this resolved mine.
    Hi mate, sorry to sound thick but can youi elaborate on this? How do we do it?
    05-31-09 04:53 PM
    Hi All just an update,

I have nuked my device using JL_Cmdr and stayed well away from weatherbug. Im now using weathereye instead and the problem is fixed.

I am now using .151 since last night but so far so good, no resets and no reset loops
    06-04-09 10:57 PM
    Hi again,

I just got my storm back (3 weeks later...)

No problems until now, but i did not update it yet(.109).
    06-07-09 06:55 AM
    Hi guys,

I am having the same problem and had the same problem with previous Os's.
    One thing I noticed is that if you remove the sim card and the memory card anc switch the phone to 2G only it fixes the problem for me.

I don't mind this soltion as I have never been able to get a stable 3G connection "Vodafone Australia" and I don't really need the 3G for what I use and 2G makes the battery last longer.

anyway I thought this might help.
    06-08-09 02:36 AM
    I have been having the same issues as everyone else and still can not fix it. It was happenng with .141 and still hapening after going to .148 (offical Vodafone Australia)

I have wiped the device 3 times now and taken all apps off but still the same issue.

Its a nightmare especially as I have to d a battery pull at least nce a day as I lose signal and only way to get it back is to do the pull.

Anyone found any other fixes to this issue.
    06-11-09 10:42 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD