Hey

I'm still kind of new with blackberries...my storm is my first blackberry. Is the browser supposed to be....slow? or is there something wrong with my phone. My girlfriends Verizon LG Dare loads up webpages a **** load faster than mine which surprises me. She was able to scroll and click thru 2 pages before my first page even loaded.

IS there anyway to speed up browser speed? I noticed it sped up a little when I swirtched to bb browser..instead of firefox/internet explorere setup
    11-15-09 03:31 PM
    Yes the BB browser is slow. You can download a third party browser such as Opera Mini or Bolt that are faster, but they might irritate you more because they are buggy and unfriendly to use. But those are our choices until RIM gets us our new browser, which won't be for awhile yet...
    11-15-09 03:34 PM
    I would def give opera mini 4.2 a try, might be a little buggy, but makes up for it in performance.
    11-15-09 03:39 PM
    Give Opera Mini a shot. It is very good and VERY fast and is not buggy at all. The only thing is that it is made for a touchscreen and not a "click" screen.

To make your BB browser MUCH faster, when you're in the browser, go to BB button>options>browser configuration>uncheck support javascript.
    11-15-09 04:29 PM
    cool thanks guys.. I'm gonna check out opera mini and see if that helps
    11-15-09 05:40 PM
    Go bolt. You will be happy
    11-15-09 05:47 PM
    Use opera mini 5.0 beta instead of 4.2, but I never realized how slow it was til I got my droid.
    I would def give opera mini 4.2 a try, might be a little buggy, but makes up for it in performance.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 05:51 PM
    My girlfriends Verizon LG Dare loads up webpages a **** load faster than mine which surprises me. She was able to scroll and click thru 2 pages before my first page even loaded.
    The Storm is slower than the Dare?
    11-15-09 05:55 PM
    Give Opera Mini a shot. It is very good and VERY fast and is not buggy at all. The only thing is that it is made for a touchscreen and not a "click" screen.

To make your BB browser MUCH faster, when you're in the browser, go to BB button>options>browser configuration>uncheck support javascript.
    I have had my Storm for a year and I never knew that. WOW, big difference. will it effect any sites I try to visit?
    11-15-09 07:07 PM
    Espn will not work that's the only one I've had a problem with.

11-15-09 07:55 PM
    The Storm is slower than the Dare?
    yea apparently.

just downloaded Opera mini 5.0...all I gotta say is AMAZING. this is what I call speed. Now only if they can integrate it with the click in screen. I love everything about it so far
    11-15-09 08:43 PM
    must be a problem with "americas most reliable 3G network" tonight. My wife and I both have this P.O.S. storm 1 and our browsers both dont work along with twitter or Facebook. Still don't know why I waste as much $$ every month on this piece of crap.
    11-15-09 08:54 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I can't even get my weather app to update!

11-15-09 09:03 PM
    I'm on opera mini right now. Its a billion times faster

11-15-09 09:29 PM
    I have had my Storm for a year and I never knew that. WOW, big difference. will it effect any sites I try to visit?
    Nope won't affect you. Either way it will prompt you if you need javascript for the pages that require it.
    11-15-09 11:00 PM
    Opera mini 4.2!! Didn't like opera 5 too much.

11-15-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD