im a college student and my school has a a program called webct in which the students log in and check on their classes and such but the standard bb browser wont let me log into it so i tried opera mini and it wont let me either so my question is does anyone know of a browser that will let me or if im doing something wrong with the browsers i already tried im new to bb but i know this has to be possible so anyone think they can help me?
    02-05-09 03:50 PM
    Hey there, we use WEBCT here at UMass and I have not found any browser that supports it. You can try bolt browser but I doubt that will work. I think it has to do with the fact that it uses certain java scripts. It also could be a security thing. not sure though.
    02-05-09 03:52 PM
    maybe but ive heard someone say thay got it to work i believe its possible
    02-05-09 03:54 PM
    have you tried going into options/ browser config from within the browser and making sure support java script is enabled? If that doesnt work its probably a security issue.
    02-05-09 04:05 PM
    i havent tried that yet doing it right now
    02-06-09 10:27 AM
    yeah i use blackboard and can not get on either.
    02-06-09 10:33 AM
    someone said the new bolt will let you do it
    02-06-09 10:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure WebCT/Blackboard are java applet based (not javascript), which I do not believe any BB browser supports
    02-06-09 11:13 AM
    if this is true that sucks
    02-06-09 11:20 AM
    dbk's right - my university also uses Blackboard and it's applet based; I don't think there are BB browsers that support those applets. at least not yet...?
    02-06-09 11:21 AM
    WE have something similar @ my school, but its called Blackboard. Try boltbrowser it opens up MOST pages thru this portal, not all tho.
    02-06-09 11:52 AM
    Blackboard is WebCT.

Bolt appears to work fine on my schools WebCT. I just tried it now thanks to the above suggestions.

The next test will be if it works with LexisNexis in its native form.

There is apparently a blackberry LexisNexis subscription ($$$)... I put this to the school's librarians and being the technology go getters they are their interet peaked.

I now just came a little more addicted to my BB. God help me if Lexis works on the bloody thing.

Nick
    05-20-09 08:14 PM
    Curious, Does anybody know of a way to sync the bb calendar with the webCT calendar / assignments?
    01-20-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD