I updated my Storm to the latest OS last week and now I seem to be having browser issues. It connects to some web pages (i.e. Accuweather) but not others (i.e. Google or 5onthego). When I try to connect to the offending pages I get an error saying:
    Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service. please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator.
    If it matters, I do have my phone connected to an Enterprise server through my employer. My email works just fine. My GMail and Google Maps work just fine. The pages load fine in Opera Mini (but I do not like that browser and would rather keep the default one).
    I played around with some of the settings and found out the browser was defaulted to the Blackberry Browser.
    I went to Options > Advanced Options > Browser and set both defaults to 'Internet Browser'
    I also opened the browser and went to Options and set both the Browser option and the General option to 'Internet Browser'.
    That seemed to work for one session- but only one.
    Now it won't save the option of 'Internet Browser' under the browser configuration. I change it, I hit save, and it just goes back to Blackberry Browser. Every once in a while it does decide to save but it reverts back to 'Blackberry Browser' as soon as I try to open Google or 5onthego.

Any ideas?
    01-05-09 08:23 AM
    On the BES you are going through the MDS service and using the "Blackberry browser" so your traffic can be captured and monitored by your employer. The "Internet browser" bypasses the MDS service on the BES server, but if your settings aren't being saved, there is an IT policy set by your employer that is setting it back. My advice? Get off the BES and use POP/IMAP/OWA to get your work email. Do you really want someone being able to read ALL of your emails, text messages, IM's, etc.?
    01-05-09 08:27 AM
    I may have figured it out- apparently when you create a bookmark it also saves the browser configuration. I went to Bookmarks and Edit Bookmark and found out that one was saved with the Blackberry browser. So as soon as I clicked that link it switched back and the issue would come back.
    Changed it to Internet browser and so far so good.
    01-05-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD