Alright i got my storm about 5 months ago and a few days ago i dropped it. It does hold a charge, but when i try to turn in on the screen is black, but light enough to see a noticeable crack in the screen. A red light on top of the phone also comes on. What should i do?
    06-02-09 02:09 PM
    Phone still functions normally? IE you hear notifications? I just fixed this by replacing the screen. You can find the replacement LCD screens on cnn.cn unless you're under warranty/insured you can just get the phone replaced.
    06-02-09 02:13 PM
    Phone still functions normally? IE you hear notifications? I just fixed this by replacing the screen. You can find the replacement LCD screens on cnn.cn unless you're under warranty/insured you can just get the phone replaced.
    No i cant hear notifications or anything but i know the screen is still responsive and holds a charge cause before i click its a dark black, and once i click it or one of the buttons it lights up slightly (though still black) and you can than see the crack. But it does hold a charge because it ran out of battery a few days ago where it wouldnt light up at all than i charged it and now it lights up slightly again.
    06-02-09 02:16 PM
    Try for taking it back.... above info is all good... but... changing the screen is not for the inexperienced (unless you want to use the experience for learning).
    06-02-09 02:24 PM
    Well the speaker contacts are actually just prongs which touch the speaker, so if dropping it broke that connection that would mean you can't hear notifications.

Suggestion, look in the OS sub-forum and locate the JL_Cmder how-to. Install that and try to get a screenshot from the device. That will actually tell you whether the screen is dinked or not. Good luck!
    06-02-09 02:24 PM
    i couldnt find the jl cmder....
    06-02-09 02:58 PM
    Kinda burried in the OS sub-forum..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    06-02-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD