So I recently dropped my phone and got this huge crack across the screen of the phone which makes it hard to see. I was going to claim insurance (isnt that what it is for?) but they are asking me for 80 dollars. Although I noticed the verizon site and store do not sell the storm 1 anymore - I asked them what phone they would send me and they really couldnt answer. They said something similar to your phone... wtf?

Here is the dilemma. My contract will be ending in a couple of months so I could use that money towards a new phone and just suffer with this one. Or if anyone has recently used their insurance can you tell me what phone they sent you?

Thank you!
    05-16-10 10:44 PM
    did you ask them if they would send you a 9630 ?
    05-16-10 11:39 PM
    Why not spend about $70 on E Bay and put a new screen on your phone? That is what I did...really very easy. If you are scared to do it, send it to me and I will do it for you....all you need to pay for is shipping both ways and the parts.

What have you got to lose? If you screw up the phone just use insurance afterall.
    05-17-10 12:15 AM
    Wow, it's a coincidence, I cracked my screen last Thursday and on Friday filed a claim through the insurance online and had my replacement phone by Saturday. Only cost me $50.00 and the replacement phone is a refurbished 9530 Storm. Have only had it for a day and am having a problem getting it to communicate properly with my PC, but otherwise seems to be working good. Hope this helps you!
    05-17-10 03:33 AM
    While Verizon is no longer selling new STORMs, they do still have a huge stock pile of refurbish ones for replacements. Don't believe you will get a free upgrade that way.

But you might try calling and just seeing if you were to sign a new 2-year contract if they would let you do an early upgrade to a new phone...
    05-17-10 10:31 AM
    No doubt about it you will get a refurb. Just filed n received one last week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 12:27 PM
    im on #5 that i cracked the screen back in November. ive learned to live with it. its character. People say i text so fast thats how i got the crack. or its a "crackberry" lol. im just gonna hold out till Nov. for a free upgrade. I actually have three cracks that radiate from the center to the edges. if I were to replace it, i know they would send a refurb. Which would probably need to be replaced with a new one anyway. i wonder if the new ones they send out are Storm 2s yet. Anyone know?
    05-17-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD