First, hello, and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I have looked but not sure.

I received a little used storm 2 days ago, immediately had it unlocked from Vodafone UK so I could use it on my O2 UK account. All seemed good.
    Connected it to the desktop manager, which told me to update, so I did.

Unfortunately my laptop crashed during the update, causing a 205 error, the handset would not load. After many attempts using the official fix, all unsuccessful, found a hint here to remove battery during the re-setting. I also downloaded what I thought was the latest version from a link here, 4.7.0.113.

After resetting to this, found that my handset would not allow personal email settings, only enterprise set up. I have since tried successfully to update to 4.7.0.141, but still have the email problem.

I have seen this thread 'How to remove IT Policy' (sorry can't post link, noobie rule here) but am not sure this is the solution to my problem. Can someone please advise.
    05-15-09 04:27 PM
    is this usually through desktop redirector or server side BES/BPS?

Doesn't seem clear from your post.
    05-15-09 06:23 PM
    Wipe the phone using JL_Cmdr and one of the options is resetting to factory. This will erase any IT Policy. This WILL erase everything on your phone and return it to out of box condition!

If you don't have or cannot run JL_Cmdr, you can also open a command window and type> cd\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Then type: loader /resettofactory

This will erase the phone and reset it to out of box condition
    Last edited by mpafr012; 05-15-09 at 06:34 PM.
    05-15-09 06:26 PM
    JL_cmdr will NOT reset your phone to out of the box. If you use JL_cmdr, you phone will be left without an OS. From there you can use AppLoader to load whatever OS you'd like.
    05-15-09 07:06 PM
    This is probably just the email set up app on the Storm. Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and create an account there, set up an your email accounts and send the service books from there. All should work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:36 AM
    Just to clarify, on my handset, when I open the email set-up wizard, the only option I get is the 'enterprise server option'. I do not get the option 'internet service option'. I know this was there before my phone crashed, but I had not yet set anything up.

I'm very new to Blackberry, and although fairly computer literate, am finding it a bit of a slog finding out things, such as JL_Cmdr, what where and how.

Will get there eventually. Thanks for you help.
    05-16-09 09:23 AM
    This is driving me nuts. Not only do I have no ability to set up personal emails, I cannot receive files via bluetooth, though I can send, and I cannot use msn messenger, which gives the following message;
    'Service not enabled for this handheld'.

I have used JL_cmdr, and also done a factory reset as in the thread mentioned above, but still no joy.
    I suspect it's because it has been unlocked, that has caused this.

If anyone has any ideas, please help.
    05-18-09 01:23 PM
    JL_cmdr will NOT reset your phone to out of the box. If you use JL_cmdr, you phone will be left without an OS. From there you can use AppLoader to load whatever OS you'd like.
    It depends WHICH option you pick with JL_cmdr - that's why there are multiple menu options. One of them is the factory reset, wipe device is a seperate option
    05-18-09 10:28 PM
    This is driving me nuts. Not only do I have no ability to set up personal emails, I cannot receive files via bluetooth, though I can send, and I cannot use msn messenger, which gives the following message
    Use Google to find instructions for receiving via Bluetooth on a BB; I found it to be totally unintuitive as it's not a simple act of picking receive and waiting. It has something to do with device security, but let's just say, when you've configured your device to receive files over BT; you'll KNOW you've configured it; because it requires going into a few different menus. I'd post a step-by-step; however, I myself have forgotten them. This might help:

Just do what he does.

As for setting up emails, follow the previous posters instructions and try doing it over the web and sending the service books. It sounds like your BB might be incorrectly provisioned, resending the books should reset it.

As for messenger, almost sounds like you're not getting a 3G data connection, if you're not on the RIM network as well as your provider's, web-based programs won't be available. Again, could be an issue with provisioning.

By the way, was your previous device a Blackberry? If not, you may have to call O2 and have them do the OTA provisioning and make the necessary changes to your plan; right now it MIGHT only work as a phone.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 05-18-09 at 10:37 PM.
    05-18-09 10:31 PM
    If you are using DM be sure you chose the correct option for email when installing. I believe you can select either enterprise (bes) or personal (bis)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DJM1947; 05-19-09 at 12:08 AM.
    05-19-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD