I tried to unlock it with mfi multiloader. It did not work and now my phone is stuck in CAL MODE. My screen looks like this and I can not do anything about it.
    device in cal mode
    device type: pop-17075-006-1b
    os version: 4.0.0.94
    type 'mute' then 'esc' then 'menu' to start java
    release os
    radio is off. type 'r','o','n' to turn radio on.
    sim; out or bad
    m:more menu
    But I can not type anything,since the keyboard does not show up. Any ideas???
    12-30-08 11:52 AM
    JL Cmder wipe and reinstall OS?
    12-30-08 11:55 AM
    I tried to unlock it with mfi multiloader. It did not work and now my phone is stuck in CAL MODE. My screen looks like this and I can not do anything about it.
    device in cal mode
    release os
    sim; out or bad

Do what the screen tell ya. All these are physical buttons.

If you didn't follow the instructions in the writeup to the "T", you can easily botch your phone up quite a bit.
    12-30-08 12:00 PM
    I tried ll_cmder and crackmem. It starts loading software and then it shows up "device failed to reconnect during multiple connections". When I press buttons mute-esc-sleep-menu it shows the same screen,but with key menu pressed in the lower part of the screen
    12-30-08 12:21 PM
    I tried ll_cmder and crackmem. It starts loading software and then it shows up "device failed to reconnect during multiple connections". When I press buttons mute-esc-sleep-menu it shows the same screen,but with key menu pressed in the lower part of the screen
    try it without the sleep as directed.
    12-30-08 12:23 PM
    Mute, Esc, Menu... there is no Sleep. Also, pull the battery if this doesn't work and see if the phone comes back up to this same exact screen. If not, then you're fine. If it does, then do the Mute, Esc, Menu.
    12-30-08 12:35 PM
    JRSCCivic98 you are genius of geniuses! I tried pressing all that buttons hundred times and nothing helped. But last time I removed the battery,put it back in,pressed all the buttons,removed battery right after that and put it back in again. And....... IT WORKED!!! It came up with blank screen with error 513 I think. But I was able to reinstall OS and now its all good! Thank you very much! I spent 11 hours yesterday dealing with this problem.. ( But now it is back to life I paid $550 for this phone,so it feels better when it is not bricked.
    12-30-08 01:05 PM
    alright guys i have a totally bricked storm... seriously... it won't even turn on no matter what i do. i've tried the app loader, i've tried mfi, i've tried desktop manager. the device won't even turn on... any suggestions?

i used to get the white screen with the cal mode...

i don't even get that now...

please help
    Last edited by enahs; 01-02-09 at 01:37 AM.
    01-02-09 01:34 AM
    hi i understan de the solution but where are the "sleep" and "mute" buttos where i have to push?
    01-10-09 01:06 AM
    Take it back to Verizon 1 year mfg warranty
    01-10-09 02:23 AM
    device in cal mode
    release os
    sim; out or bad
    I'm experiencing the same problem yesterday.
    you dont have to type anything..
    you need to press all the the button on your Blackberry 9530 to identify which one is the 'mute' button and 'escape' and so on.. try all the button
    after that, follow the instruction by pressing the button to start releasing java OS.
    after you pressed the 'menu' button, unplug your battery and then insert your battery again. soon you will see the "error 507" on your screen and reload your OS using DM.

--cheers
    01-14-09 09:22 PM
    Nobody should be using this period. I do NOT suggest using this program. If you decide to, it's potentially at your own peril.
    01-14-09 09:27 PM
    i get the same messege on mine
    "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

HELP i tried what you said above. and it doest work
    01-24-09 12:48 AM
    i finally got mine to work, i have to install the .65 os, unfortunatly its theonly one that works on this oversized paper weight
    01-25-09 02:21 PM
    I'm experiencing the same problem today.
    Any key is no result.
    finally i power off it a long time, then write OS again. it's live.
    but the status of network and network subset ect.are unknown.
    03-05-09 03:59 AM
    JRSCCivic98 you are genius of geniuses! I tried pressing all that buttons hundred times and nothing helped. But last time I removed the battery,put it back in,pressed all the buttons,removed battery right after that and put it back in again. And....... IT WORKED!!! It came up with blank screen with error 513 I think. But I was able to reinstall OS and now its all good! Thank you very much! I spent 11 hours yesterday dealing with this problem.. ( But now it is back to life I paid $550 for this phone,so it feels better when it is not bricked.
    Which buttons is all buttons? Trying to figure out which buttons to press.
    on top Green, Menu, Esc, End
    on left Vad
    on right key click, volume up, volume down
    Do i need to plug the usb cable when i press the buttons?
    03-15-09 04:35 AM
    Mute, Esc, Menu... there is no Sleep. Also, pull the battery if this doesn't work and see if the phone comes back up to this same exact screen. If not, then you're fine. If it does, then do the Mute, Esc, Menu.
    Ok found the mute button on top.
    Do i press the button in that order or all at once?
    03-15-09 03:24 PM
    do them in order
    03-15-09 03:40 PM
    Bricked Storm 9530???

device in cal mode
    release os
    sim; out or bad
    Not sure about this but, I tried this once and it worked for me.
    To exit "cal Mode" simply hold the "send" and "end" keys at the same time while doing a battery pull. Keep holding until it boots to a screen that says "reload software 507". Then do just that! using Desktop Manager reinstall OS.
    And for goodness sakes!!! stay away from the MFI loader it does not unlock the storm!
    Just ask on the web how many people were successfull with this method - NONE!!!
    03-17-09 04:21 PM
    Hello guys,

I've been unlocking devices for a while specially Blackberry!!

I found that the instructions are bad..on the device as well on this blog.

I found that the correct order of keys are>

Sleep, Esc, Mute, and Menu...and you'll se messaje --No Application Linked--

You do not need to remove battery...

Hope this will work with you guys...

Take care and thank you for all your tips.

VH
    04-03-09 08:49 PM
    FYI...

Mute is on the top Right corner...

Sleep is on the Top Left corner...

Esc is the Back key next to the END(RED) key...

And finally Menu is the key with the Blackberry logo.

VH
    04-03-09 08:50 PM
    To Vinhidalgo:

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER MY FRIEND! Your instructions worked like a charm, thanks a lot!!
    10-30-09 02:30 PM
    my mute buttos is not working how to make it work
    02-14-10 04:58 PM
    It too easy, first sorry my english ok?

well, only put in a bb whit usb. open MFI and un check the oprio "auto start" and "full erase", presn alt + ctrl + ****f + F12, in the hidden booton press "reset device". when the bb start show you ERROR 513 REINSTALL SOFTWARE. and done!

greetings
    11-17-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD