so... yesterday i received my new storm [yay me!] & was just getting to know it.
    I was trying out the camera and took a pic, so im waiting to see how it came out, when all of a sudden my phone shut off and took like 5mins to come back on.

And another time, i switched it from potrait to landscape view and the screen went from black, to white to a like a grainy kinda view.

It is just my phone or it has happenwd being that it's brand new?
    04-02-09 07:50 PM
    Check what OS you're running. Go to Options<About. If you have .65, you can get an official upgrade from Verizon to .75. If the problem persists, then maybe you have a defective unit.
    04-02-09 07:57 PM
    is it supposed to say OS or something else?
    04-02-09 08:01 PM
    wouldn't that be nice

no third line on mine says v4.7.0.113 (Platform 4.0.0.144)

the .113 is my OS Version.

Hope that helps a little to get the info along with the instructions above
    04-02-09 08:04 PM
    WOW! how'd you get that .113?
    well mine is .75
    04-02-09 08:15 PM
    welcome to the wonderful world of getting to know your Storm.

It's not perfect right out of the box. In fact it takes some tweaking and maintenance to keep it going right. If you're a non-techy person who doesn't like to fiddle with their gadgets, just turn right around and take back your Storm and trade it in for a nice BlackBerry Curve... usually the restocking fee is $35 to do that. Maybe raise unholy **** and maybe they'll do it free of charge if you tell them that it has just too many problems, although I dunno if that will really work... The Curve is much more smooth and un-problematic.

Or you could hang out her for several weeks like I did and get to know what the issues are, the search function is your friend, BTW.

And learn, learn, learn. It took me several weeks of reading everything about this device before I got up the courage to update my OS to .113, and now it seems to be running much better, including the camera.
    04-02-09 08:25 PM
    Its a leaked version of the OS. Give yourself some time here and you'll see that some people are even higher than me.

Myself I just updated to .113 tonight. HUGE difference. I had no complaints about .75 mind you, its just so much faster now! and browse the OS section and you can find instructions on how to upgrade yourself.

while on .75 I had the screen do the "snow" screen a couple times. not sure if it will be fixed with the .113 upgrade or not but I know that its not unheard of. Reboots are also not unheard of through the official version that you have through leaked versions. Hopefully they'll get that ironed out in due time.

give it some time to get use to and you'll find this phone is better than any you've owned in the past.

Even if you aren't a "tech" person. give it some time to get to know it. don't be scared to ask questions but like said above searching will answer most of your questions. I'm a network admin and have had my storm for over a month and JUST NOW got the courage to upgrade it.
    Last edited by sinfuldragon; 04-02-09 at 08:34 PM.
    04-02-09 08:25 PM
    This is what it would look like... Look at the third line to find out what version it is... Should say "v4.7.0.xxx"

Welcome to Flickr!
    04-02-09 08:41 PM
    wow....I remember when I was noob...have fun fiend. enjoy the beta leaks...its a whole new phone!!! try V2 of the .114 hybrid. Doesnt make sense now, but it will in about 2 hours!!
    04-02-09 08:42 PM
    so far i love it and I know there's alot to learn still. even tho i dont know much about the techniques of the storm and keep getting these problems with it ill def look into tweaking it cuz I dont think id wanna give it up! but thanks for the advice guys
    04-02-09 08:50 PM
    no worries man.

Any questions just ask. nevermind the ****heads who say SEARCH and OMG Can this be answered more.

there are others that will still help. Enjoy the phone and upgrade when you are comfy.
    04-02-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD