Hi!
    I just got a brand new storm today. I have been using Palm since 2000. so basically I don't know anything about Blackberry yet. after playing about 2 hours....I really like this phone. but I did try to download my old contacts from Palm desktop. but it did not success at all. after I click " Device Switch Wizard", then I click start. next page are all Grey and I can not select anything....? does anyone have this problem like me? is black berry desktop has a features like palm desktop ? also I would like to know how to perform a hard reset too.
    thank you in advance
    03-12-09 05:19 PM
    desktop manager is pretty straightforward, just follow the instructions listed on the screen when you're running it. if stuff is greyed out, then maybe, exit out, and disconnect devices, and reconnect. easier way is to sync palm with outlook or something then sync your blackberry the same way. that is essentially what device switch wizard is doing for you.

hard reset = full phone wipe on blackberries. what you're looking to do is a soft reset aka battery pull. power cycle is turning off/on.
    03-12-09 06:15 PM
    I suggest a sync through outlook for your contacts. It is a straightforward and seamless process using the BB DM.
    03-12-09 07:00 PM
    desktop manager is pretty straightforward, just follow the instructions listed on the screen when you're running it. if stuff is greyed out, then maybe, exit out, and disconnect devices, and reconnect. easier way is to sync palm with outlook or something then sync your blackberry the same way. that is essentially what device switch wizard is doing for you.

hard reset = full phone wipe on blackberries. what you're looking to do is a soft reset aka battery pull. power cycle is turning off/on.
    I will try again. with outlook.

thanks
    03-12-09 07:42 PM
    I am having the same problem. Was syncing Palm to Palm Desktop and want to transfer data to my Storm, but the choices in the Device Wizard are greyed out.

I tried to sync my Palm to Outlook, but not having any success. I downloaded the latest version of Palm Desktop, but it just won't work.

All the data is in the current Palm Desktop and I would like to transfer from there, but with it greyed out, I can't seem to do so.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    08-17-09 10:24 PM
    Use the device switch wizard. If you can't do that, then sick to outlook (or yahoo) then sync to BB
    08-17-09 10:35 PM
    Aren't you supposed to have the Palm connected to the PC? At least that is what the instructions say. "Insure both devices are connected to your computer".
    08-17-09 10:37 PM
    Has Mass Media Storage been enabled (under Memory under Options)?
    08-17-09 11:43 PM
    BTW on a BB Soft Reset isa simulated battery pull ala QuickPull & Hard Reset isa battery pull w/device on.
    08-18-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD