I just noticed that the bottom 1/4 of my screen no longer clicks when I push it. Generally it will still open the application but it is not giving the click feeling. Anyone else have this. I've done some research and heard about a sticker solution but wasn't sure if this was the same issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
    03-23-09 10:00 PM
    yes it is the same issue.. just use one of the screen fixes... i dont recommend using the torx screw fixes, however, because im sure they void your warranty.
    03-23-09 10:01 PM
    the replacement phone vzw sent me had the problem had to get them to send me another 1. on my 3rd storm its all good though.
    03-23-09 10:04 PM
    I just noticed that the bottom 1/4 of my screen no longer clicks when I push it. Generally it will still open the application but it is not giving the click feeling. Anyone else have this. I've done some research and heard about a sticker solution but wasn't sure if this was the same issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I would definitely recommend Civic's screen click fix. I have tried the Torx, felt pad and business card fixes. The sticker(s) under the battery trick is by far the best method I have found! Hope this helps.
    03-24-09 02:26 AM
    Buy felt dot pads. Find the thinnest ones possible such as "soft touch" # 6154 by the Waxman Co. Then attach it as in picture directly over SIM and memory cards. They come on a card in about 4 sizes choose a medium size. This will help support the back side of the PC board where the click switch is located and make the screen clicking 100% better. FYI the click switch is located directly opposite the SIM card this is why this location works best. Simple yet very effective.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-24-09 at 04:00 AM.
    03-24-09 03:25 AM
    thanks...good question. mine does the same thing....."sometimes."
    03-24-09 06:28 AM
    yes it is the same issue.. just use one of the screen fixes... i dont recommend using the torx screw fixes, however, because im sure they void your warranty.
    I went to the verizon store for the same thing yesterday and the tech used the torque screw fix. He said it may void the warranty through rim, but verizon is responsible for replacing it and they don't care.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 06:58 AM
    thanks...good question. mine does the same thing....."sometimes."
    Strange but mine is fine this morning. I guess I should try the fix regardless.
    03-24-09 08:58 AM
    I use the small 1.5" x 2" Post Its underneath the battery. It works even better than when it was new!
    03-24-09 09:05 AM
    Torx screw fix is what VZW Techs will use to fix the issue first before they send off. or so they did on mine. works beautifully now. :-}
    03-24-09 09:18 AM
    mine had the same issue... strangest thing is that when i put on the case, $10 case from ebay, the problem went away.

either way, i went to the VZW dealer to complain and i'm supposed to get a new storm today or tomorrow, since it's w/in my 30 day warranty
    03-24-09 09:44 AM
    Torx fix AND Civic fix together and I LOVE my Storm click. And I was VERY careful with the dot and you can NOT tell.
    03-24-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD