Since i saw the anouncement on the main page i downloaded it just a few minutes ago. Way faster than Opera in my opinnion but i think the scrolling is a little to loose for my taste but im digging this browser. I like the zoom box that you can display and it shows the zoomed image in the lower part of the screen. I also like how when you click on a link it shows in a grey box the link title so you know you clicked on the right thing. STill no flash so i couldnt watch any ESPN videos.
    04-01-09 12:59 PM
    I like BOLT! it renders pages pretty well and its quick even on EDGE the needs a Storm optimized version though
    04-01-09 01:03 PM
    The scrolling is still a bit unwieldly, but apparently Apple has a patent on the technology that "locks" the scroll into vertical or horizontal movement.

However the "double click" as they're calling it for selecting links is an enormous addition and I may end up using Bolt over the BB browser now. It's really less of a double click and more of a magnification of the link you are highlighting. When you touch a link it shows a magnified grey box with your link in it. Touch that box and away you go.

I would love to see a similar function added to the BB browser... touch the link and a magnified text of the link appears above it (essentially like typing on the iPhone). If it's the right link then just click. If it's not let go and the magnified text disappears.
    04-01-09 01:23 PM
    it has been optimized for storm, its pretty awesome, i just downloaded the beta, it looks alot like tmo's browser on the samsung memoir
    04-01-09 01:24 PM
    What was the flash talk that was on the article on the front page? They were talking about flash maybe coming or something... or am I wrong?
    04-01-09 01:34 PM
    well youc an go to the official youtube site, not the mobile one, you can stream the media from there in the video player on the bb, OR CHOOSE TO SAVE IT didnt dive much into it. can someone confirm?
    04-01-09 01:36 PM
    it has been optimized for storm, its pretty awesome, i just downloaded the beta, it looks alot like tmo's browser on the samsung memoir
    What is this you speak of? Did they just release an update? Because on my Storm it's not optimized. Biggest peeve is zooming in/out is a PITA.
    04-01-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD