hey guys iv got a bold that im planning on exchanging for a storm. is it worth it ? iv heard that there are too many glitches on the storm , but for some reason i just wanna check the storm out so that i can actually check if the grass is greener on the otherside.

also does the phone yet have lag issues? cuz this is one thing i hate . also wat are the other problems i should be looking out for ? as the storm im buying is a verizon storm and i live in india so wont be able to avail of any warranties.
    01-12-09 04:56 AM
    Id say its worth it. I really depends on you. Do like like the classic blackberry feel or do you prefer touchscreen? If you prefer touch its all the bold but with a lot more power. Give it a try. Youll have 30 days if its not for you to go back to the bold.
    01-12-09 05:09 AM
    ^^ i wish i could give it a try , but i dont think u read my earlier post properly, i stay in india and a friend has imported a verizon storm so its impossible for me to return it in 30 days .. also wat are the glitches that are annoying about the phone.. does the phone have good apps that could entertain me (like the iphone has) or even close to the iphone .... i kinda like those gimmicky apps they offer to cure boredom
    01-12-09 05:11 AM
    ^^ i wish i could give it a try , but i dont think u read my earlier post properly, i stay in india and a friend has imported a verizon storm so its impossible for me to return it in 30 days .. also wat are the glitches that are annoying about the phone.. does the phone have good apps that could entertain me (like the iphone has) or even close to the iphone .... i kinda like those gimmicky apps they offer to cure boredom
    In my opinion, the storm is a great phone. Yes, it has certain issues (because it's new) but it becomes more stable with every os release. I have actually been pretty lucky because I have avoided many of the problems that others are complaining about. It doesn't have a lot of apps yet (again, because it's new), but it is completely entertaining to me coming to Crackberry to work through these little glitches. This phone is anything but boring!
    01-12-09 05:46 AM
    ^^ hmmmm .... the only think im worried about is that iv read so much abt pple sending there phones in for replacement etc etc.... anyways .... i think im gonna go ahead and give this phone a try....
    also is typing on the screen a PITA?? iv heard of a lot of pple ******** it out saying its a pain etc....
    01-12-09 05:51 AM
    We can't answer that for you. You have to try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:03 AM
    ^^ yeah i understand , but just wanted another opinion and just wanted to see all the factors i gotta take into consideration .
    01-12-09 07:20 AM
    I went from a Bold to a Storm and I have to be honest... I LOVE IT. Of coarse, I wish it had WIFI but besides that the learning curve for typing has gone fine for me (type just as fast on suretype as I did on the Bold) and I haven't had any of the issues that we have all read about (running .85). It is though a personal preference thing and I would suggest you DEFINITELY go play with one before just making the swap.
    01-12-09 07:26 AM
    ^^ thanks for the input ... as u said not having wifi is quite a bummer ..
    i have messed around with a few storms , but very briefly , and found them a bit slow to respond to the touchscreen commands .. but that was sometime back and there have been quite a few OS updates since .. hopefully they have rectified all these small issues..
    01-12-09 08:05 AM
    If speed is important...the Storm is NOT going to be as fast, period. I love my Storm, but the Bold is a great phone too.
    01-12-09 08:24 AM
    I know people who love it and I know people who hate it and prefer the Bold, so try it for yourself. I personally love the phone and have no issues with it. It takes a little time to get used to though. Once you get the hang of it, it great.
    01-12-09 09:09 AM
    I would never ditch a bold for a storm. I'm on vzw and can't wait for the niagra or whatever it will be called. I own the storm and a curve. I got my storm 630am the day it wad released. Last week I went back to my curve. Speed and effenciency is not comparable at all. Anyone who argues that and claims they can be as productive with a "touchscreen" as a physical kb strictly uses their device as a toy and not a tool for productivity. With that said, the storm is a beautiful looking phone. The screen is brilliant and as long as you don't have to do a lot of typing, you may be happy with it. Browsing is awesome on, pictures and music. The one main thing that bugged me about wasn't the typing, rather it was when I pulled out of the holster needing enter something immediately, and instead I'm waiting for the device to orient itself correctly so that I could do anything at all! IMO, RIM should make the accelerometer have a manual option. That way I could set it to always be in potrait mode which is what I would use 90% of the time. And them maybe assign a convenience key for landscape or some other intuitve way. That's why I would love to have a bold. It would have the great screen with a physical kb. But like everyone said, you'll have to make your own jugdement. As far aas lag, yes their is some. However, the device is still young and I'm sure it will be finetuned with time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:24 AM
    If i had the choice, i would keep the Bold over the Storm...
    01-12-09 09:26 AM
    Other than the lack of wifi, BB Storm 9530 supports UMTS 2100 Mhz for 3G (i.e. European/Asian 3G) but not UMTS 850/1900 (i.e it is not compatible with AT&T's 3G network here in US). For 3G in US, BB Storm is limited to EV-DO under Verizon's CDMA network. So techically, BB Storm 9530 is not truly a tri-band global 3G phone such as the BB Borm and or Apple iPhone 3G. But again, this depends whether global 3G matters to you or not.
    01-12-09 10:50 AM
    Hey, what a typo. It is BB Storm; not Borm
    01-12-09 10:51 AM
    Hey, what a typo. It is BB Storm; not Borm
    man, I was gonna rush out an buy a Borm, too. You have officially ruined my day.
    01-12-09 10:58 AM
    To each their own. I won't fight you guys on this one. Both phones are great devices. You will still be in the Rim Family and that's all that counts! I love my Storm with all it's faults. Have a great day everyone.
    01-12-09 10:59 AM
    also is typing on the screen a PITA?? iv heard of a lot of pple ******** it out saying its a pain etc....
    The typing on the screen is certainly a PITA. When I had the Curve, I could type in between 60 and 70wpm. Then since I got the Storm a bit over a week ago, I could barely type at least 40wpm. A lot of typo errors and the "delete" button on the screen has became the most pressed key. LOL.

Overall, I still think the Storm is a great smartphone.
    01-12-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD