Blackberry Bold , more powerful than the Storm?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the Bold is more powerful than the Storm! WHY?

BlackBerry Bold
    -Do more - do it faster. The BlackBerry Bold smartphone was designed to take advantage of the speeds available on the HSDPA network1,3. Together, this high speed network and the 624-MHz processor help support your need to multitask and prioritize with access to your voice and data services at the same time.
    -Memory Expandable memory � support for microSD� card
    1GB On-board + 128 MB Flash
    -Video format support: DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+

Blackberry Storm
    -The HSPA network and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone�s 528-MHz processor combine to support your need to multitask and prioritize without falling behind or out of touch. Designed to provide you with access to your voice and data services at the same time, it helps you get more out of every day.1
    Take phone calls while sending and responding to email or browsing the Internet
    Maintain GPS-based directions or maps on your display even while taking a call
    Snap the perfect picture and send it out even when you�re already on the phone
    Discuss and revise Microsoft� Word, Microsoft Excel� and Microsoft� PowerPoint� files�edit while using the speakerphone
    -Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus
    -Expandable memory � support for microSD� card
    1GB onboard memory
    128 MB Flash (flash memory)
    10-09-08 02:47 PM
    I love how they are making me think of all the reasons why I would need and want simultaneous voice/data only to have my hopes shat upon by using it with Verizon.
    10-09-08 02:55 PM
    Just because the Bold has a 624MHz processor doesn't necessary mean it's more powerful. The Bold's processor is made by an entirely different company that the Storms. Each will be more efficient in it's own areas.

Furthermore, the Bold rarely runs at the max. speed it can. This will be similar to the storm. Batter saving, you know.

So in conclusion, don't expect it to be any slower. From a user's point of view, the biggest thing that will slow down applications is having them optimized to run on the two devices.
    10-09-08 02:58 PM
    Blackberry Bold , more powerful than the Storm?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the Bold is more powerful than the Storm! WHY?

BlackBerry Bold
    -Do more - do it faster. The BlackBerry Bold smartphone was designed to take advantage of the speeds available on the HSDPA network1,3. Together, this high speed network and the 624-MHz processor help support your need to multitask and prioritize with access to your voice and data services at the same time.
    -Memory Expandable memory � support for microSD� card
    1GB On-board + 128 MB Flash
    -Video format support: DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+

Blackberry Storm
    -The HSPA network and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone�s 528-MHz processor combine to support your need to multitask and prioritize without falling behind or out of touch. Designed to provide you with access to your voice and data services at the same time, it helps you get more out of every day.1
    Take phone calls while sending and responding to email or browsing the Internet
    Maintain GPS-based directions or maps on your display even while taking a call
    Snap the perfect picture and send it out even when you�re already on the phone
    Discuss and revise Microsoft� Word, Microsoft Excel� and Microsoft� PowerPoint� files�edit while using the speakerphone
    -Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus
    -Expandable memory � support for microSD� card
    1GB onboard memory
    128 MB Flash (flash memory)
    I read in one of the RIM documents that the Storm has both the 528_MHZ processor, and a 2nd one.
    10-09-08 03:04 PM
    The storm doesn't have 2 processors. That would be such a battery overkill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 04:37 AM
    no phones have 2 processors

10-10-08 04:41 AM
    I mean when I had my sidekick lx it and the slide had 2 different processors but the LX had a bigger screen and mood lights and a swivel which meant that it had to re-orient the screen when opened and the Sharp Aquos HD screen needed more processing power in addition to the track ball and mood lights dancing for every sound made compared to the slide which had nothing extra that would require more processing to be done.

Maybe that's what's going on with the 2 BlackBerry's even you would think that the storm would require more processing power

10-10-08 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD