I have not seen anything about either of these issues and they could be a function of the Bluetooth capabilities in my 2007 Mazda Cx-9. They are separate issues but somewhat related.

I am finding that when I get in and start my car with my Storm, that there is no Bluetooth connection without going into my CX-9 options and "selecting" the device (my Storm) every single time I restart my car. I have no other devices set up, so the Storm has top (and the only) priority. With my previous Treo 700, the bluetooth conntection between devices was made automatically as soon as I started my car. I have gone through the "Manage Connections" options and tried various things without any luck.

My problem with voice dialing is more of a Storm issue, I believe, but it happens when I'm Bluetooth "connected" between my Storm & CX-9. Normally when you select Voice Dialing, you are promted to "say a command" at which time you respond with a name, number, etc. However, with the Bluetooth connected, the screen prompt lights up but there is no "say a command" prompt that you can hear, and if you say something, it is not heard. Again, with my Treo, I could initiate a voice dial command into my Treo to any Outlook contact and the call would then be made on the CX-9's bluetooth, hands-free. I have not been able to do that with the Storm. And I need to be able to initiate the call with the Storm because it recognizes all of my Outlook contacts. The CX-9's voice dialing features require user input of each and every contact, and I have a couple hundred.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
    12-01-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD