Looking to buy a Blue tooth Stereo headset that can answer calls and has good voice quality for the people on the other end. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance
    Charlie C
    01-02-09 10:28 AM
    Verizon has an LG bluetooth stereo headset that answers calls and controls your device's multimedia. I purchased it two weeks ago when I got my Storm. It works great and doesn't break the budget. I think I paid 42.00. It was on sale from 90.00. Great bass response. It sounds great and it works! I can get you the model number if you need more info. Good luck!
    01-02-09 10:45 AM
    Raven I actually had that one and returned it, I could not talk on it. People couldn't understand a word I said. The actual sound from the headphones sound great but I need also to be able to speak to customers. Have you tried it on a phone call? Maybe I had a defective one?
    01-02-09 10:59 AM
    The Plantronics 590(?) is outstanding (it's hard to go wrong with Plantronics), but it's expensive.

Right now, .85 doesn't pass the audio through from videos, but .75 does and I'm SURE they'll fix it in the "official release"...
    01-02-09 11:30 AM
    Motorola S9 Bluetooth stereo headset.

Best by far IMO. I own them and have the storm. It will answer calls, has volume buttons and it will start, pause/play and move you through your songs in the media player.

Great quality too.
    01-02-09 12:07 PM
    Sabre

How is it to answer calls on??? Does the party on the other side hear you clearly?
    01-02-09 12:28 PM
    I do like the Motorola S9...
    01-02-09 12:37 PM
    Motorola HT820. Handles music and phone calls nicely
    01-02-09 12:44 PM
    Moto gets my vote. I use both HT820 and S9, works like a charm with Curve and MP3 player. Haven't tested my Jabra 8040 with both devices, but I sure like the headset.
    01-02-09 12:49 PM
    I looking for headphones that will play music, answer calls, and also play sound from videos!! I have LG ones now, but no video sound Any suggestions?
    01-02-09 04:15 PM
    If you're running any SW version past .75, the video audio is messed up on BT. It's one thing I'm hoping they fix in the next OS ver...
    01-02-09 06:27 PM
    I bought a Jaybird headset and the call quality was awesome, but the music was just not loud enough. I then purchased a pair of Moto S9-HD's from Bestbuy last weekend when they were on sale for $79.99 and they are awesome. Can't here anything going on around me in the gym! Call quality isn't as good with the S9, but thats not the main reason I have them....cords in the gym bother me.

All in al the S9 is a great headset and I recommend it!
    01-02-09 06:46 PM
    I had the s9-hd's.....returned them, im going to stick with ipod earbuds and try a blueant v1 for calls.

The s9-hd's are great for music....amazing quality...but I still had some querks with the sound freezing every now and again, and the call quality is crap on both ends imo, I diddn't feel I would get 80 bucks worth out of them, so I returned them.

I still have yet to find a bluetooth headset, especially a stereo one, that does everything its supposed to, well.
    01-02-09 07:43 PM
    I have heard good reviews of the Jabra BT3030. It has a dog tag type device that can answer and change songs. Hopefully will try it out soon. I have tried all of the above and have not found a good one.
    01-02-09 07:59 PM
    Motorola S9 by far the best IMHO, I use them on my motorcycle and have no problems at all and have had no complaints on voice quality from others.
    01-02-09 08:14 PM
    I used the Motorola S9 and Plantronics 855. I prefer the Plantronics.
    01-02-09 08:18 PM
    Here's another vote for the LG set that Verizon sells. I have had it about 3 weeks now. I listen to video, music and place and answer calls with it.
    01-02-09 08:50 PM
    I had the s9-hd's.....returned them, im going to stick with ipod earbuds and try a blueant v1 for calls.

The s9-hd's are great for music....amazing quality...but I still had some querks with the sound freezing every now and again, and the call quality is crap on both ends imo, I diddn't feel I would get 80 bucks worth out of them, so I returned them.

I still have yet to find a bluetooth headset, especially a stereo one, that does everything its supposed to, well.
    I just got the Blueant V1. The voice control is GREAT, but...everyone says I sound like I am in a metallic tunnel. I'm going to try and return it and try the Jawbone 2.
    01-02-09 08:57 PM
    Get the JawBone II. There is nothing to touch it for speech. It has REAL digital speech enhancment with a bone speech sensor.

btw: It is crap at music. For speech intelligabilty it just cannot be beat. Quatluty is sacrificed for everything else.
    01-02-09 09:00 PM
    I picked up the LG ones from newegg for $15 and they sound great, I have not used them to make a call yet so I dont know how that is. They come in a box with the charger and instructions, no fancy packaging and they are not refurbs or returns that I know of
    01-02-09 10:19 PM
    Whoa whoa...the S9-HDs have a built-in mic for talk? Really?

If so, I want a pair of those puppies...
    01-02-09 10:46 PM
    I have had good luck with the Jabra BT3030.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:48 PM
    Whoa whoa...the S9-HDs have a built-in mic for talk? Really?

If so, I want a pair of those puppies...
    Yes s9-HD have mic built-in. Sound quality is good and the head-set is very slick, light, small. Works great for music. When you take a phone call it plays through both the left and right headphone. On-sale at BB for 80 bucks, very nice match for the storm. Now if RIM will just fix the bluetooth/video audio streaming bug introduced in 0.83 and 0.85 so I can watch my movies and listen via the s9s.
    01-02-09 10:57 PM
    So far my Jabra BT3030 seems to work fine and about 20 feet away from my phone.
    01-02-09 10:58 PM
    I just got the Blueant V1. The voice control is GREAT, but...everyone says I sound like I am in a metallic tunnel. I'm going to try and return it and try the Jawbone 2.
    Ugh, thats not good news
    01-02-09 11:15 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD