So i like to snowboard a lot, and since i just got my BB storm i would love to use it to listen to music and take calls and call ppl while snowboarding. I know there are bluetooth sets that allow you to do all of that and i'm looking for a good set. Also

Are there any wired headsets out there that can do the same things?
    How significant a loss of battery life would using a bluetooth headset have if i were using it all day while snowboarding compared to a wired set?
    01-15-09 12:24 AM
    I find wired headsets offer a better sound quality versus bluetooth ones. I've now tried the Moto H700, Moto S705, Blackberry 655, Plantronics 590, and a few other/generic models, and none of these can even compare to the sound quality of a wired headset. Granted, the convenience of no wires is VERY nice, and I'd almost sacrifice the sound quality for this were I not so picky. You might look into a Jawbone headset though; I've not tried one yet myself, but I hear a lot of good things about it. The key feature being apparently unbeatable noise reduction.

At the moment, I'm actually using a set of Maxell earbuds with a Griffin SmartTalk 3.5mm headset adapter. The adapter is a wire with an in-line microphone & control button, with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack so you can use your own headphones. Sound quality is excellent, and I've had no issues with people hearing me on this set versus ANY of the BT headsets I've tried so far. However, the lengthy wires can be cumbersome, and I'll admit sometimes I wonder if I look like a total schmuck wearing them.

Bluetooth activity will certainly drain your battery, however I'm surprised to see it's not as bad on the Storm as I'd have expected. I normally get around 2-2.5 days on a full charge, and with BT turned on noticed only a very minor drop. Considering I usually listen to music for a few hours a day on this thing, wired and/or BT, that's impressive.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Hope somewhere in there I was able to offer some helpful advice.
    01-15-09 12:54 AM
    Very good thanks
    01-15-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD