I can't get my Headsets or my car to work properly. I can't SYNC with my laptop using Bluetooth either.

I have a Platonic�s and a Jawbone Headset, My car has Bluetooth build in and so does my laptop.

I have my VM password programmed in the Storm. When I hit the number 1 key, I hear the Storm dial in my headset. Then when the Storm starts to send the password, my BT Headset gets disconnected. Then I have to hit the Speaker button, next the Bluetooth button on the Storm to get the headset reconnected. This happens with my cars hands free BT setup.
    I just purchased a Jawbone BT Head Set and it does the same/

Sporadically the Bluetooth works correctly. You hit the speed dial and the Headset stays connected just like my BlackBerry 7290 and 8700.

Also my Laptop will error out with �Unable to read application data� when I try to sync the BB with Outlook using the Bluetooth connection.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Is anyone else having Bluetooth Blues?

Thanks
    01-08-09 03:21 PM
    I am having quality problems. No matter which bluetooth I use, either the BlueAnt Zi9 or the original Jawbone, the connection is horrible. No one can hear me half the time, it breaks up a lot. Hoping one of the upgrades will fix that.
    01-10-09 09:01 PM
    The speed dial seems to be fixed in OS .83 and .85. it's a know issue if you had searched.
    you need the oe windows bluetooth drived for the DM to sync. Use the cable instead.
    in bluetooth properties disable the echo control. this is from Blue Ant support on the blackberry. Same for Jawbone they don't need them. I use both with a storm .75 and they work like on my 8830 minus the speed dial issue. should see lots of fixes in the next OS.... soooooon
    01-10-09 09:15 PM
    Chief:

Thanks for your reply. I did do a search for Bluetooth and I got tons of hits that had nothing to do with Bluetooth! I started weeding through them and then gave up.

With regard to the DM and Bluetooth, using DM version 4.7 the BT sync is extremely slow and sporadic. Sometimes completes and sometimes fails. The sync is about 10 times slower than my laptop running DM 4.2 with my BB 7290 and BB 8700.

By the way I used DM version 4.2 on another laptop with the Storm and the BT sync is much faster and more consistent!

Thanks again
    01-13-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD