This is a question about my bluetooth, I have a Nokia BH-200 and when I had my older phones the headset would play my music but now that I have my storm my music refuses to play through the bluetooth. Now Im just wondering why would my music play for my other phones but it wont with the storm ??? Everytime I press play and my bluetooth is on it plays directly through the phone speaker no matter what I do.
    04-17-09 09:03 AM
    Nobody ???
    04-17-09 09:35 AM
    I have not tried to play music through Bluetooth without a Bluetooth Stereo supported headset. So I could not tell you if it works or not.

What type of bluetooth headset do you have? My thought is though when you connect to the Storm it shows what profiles successfully connects and it looks like it has to be stereo to play music. I could be wrong though.
    04-17-09 09:40 AM
    The Nokia BH-200 ??? Anyone else have any suggestions as to why this happens ?
    04-17-09 12:30 PM
    You have to have a headset that supports the A2DP protocol.

As far as I know, you cannot play music through a hand-free profile

I have a Plantronics P5890a. It plays my MP3s very nicley
    04-17-09 02:33 PM
    Tried the same thing with movies on my bb and was told that you need some sort of stereo headset and could not do it with a reg btooth
    This is a question about my bluetooth, I have a Nokia BH-200 and when I had my older phones the headset would play my music but now that I have my storm my music refuses to play through the bluetooth. Now Im just wondering why would my music play for my other phones but it wont with the storm ??? Everytime I press play and my bluetooth is on it plays directly through the phone speaker no matter what I do.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 02:43 PM
    well movies are sort of a different story. yes you still need stereo headsets to listen to audio, but for a while the storm os updates had BT audio disabled for watching video
    04-17-09 02:55 PM
    Yeah I understand all of that but My bluetooth played mp3's with my old phones and its not working with my BB Storm ???
    04-17-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah I understand all of that but My bluetooth played mp3's with my old phones and its not working with my BB Storm ???
    Mike the Nokia BH-200 does not support Bluetooth stereo profiles (A2DP). And thus it will not play Storm stereo sounds to your headset. The most likely reason it played MP3's on a past phone is because some phones once connected to a blue tooth headset pass all sounds over to the bluetooth headset like speaker sounds.

I have had an old LG phone in the past that did that. It would pass all my speaker sounds and normal handset sounds to the headset instead of playing it on the phone speaker when connected. So that is the most probable cause.

Sorry buddy. Trying picking up one of those BT8040 I suggested for only $25 I know for fact it works great because I use it
    04-17-09 04:08 PM
    I use the Jabra BT8010, gives u the best of both worlds for BT talk/music, but I usually just listen to music in mono if I am using the headset.
    04-17-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD