I was trying to transfer a file from another phone to mine using Bluetooth. I could see their phone, but they could not connect to mine, or if they did it would not let the file transfer.

I have the 9530 on Verizon's carrier. Some people have told me that Verizon has some kind of block they put on the phone to prevent file transfer with Bluetooth.

Is this true, and if it is does anyone know a way around it?

Thanks for any help.
    07-03-09 03:13 PM
    It is not true, I do bluetooth transfer between phones all the time, both with verizon. The trick is putting one in 'search' mode and one in 'listen' mode. They should be able to find each other and then when you go to pair the devices it will ask for the passkey. The key is '0000' and you should be connected then. To transfer files of the media nature (pics, movies, and music, etc) go to media on both devices, pick the file on the first device and click 'send via bluetooth' from the bb menu. Then on the other (in which ever media subfolder, I don't think it makes a difference which one, however you might want to choose the one you will be sending from just to be safe) choose 'receive via bluetooth' from the bb menu and then follow the onscreen prompts. Hopefully this helps
    07-03-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD