i dont know if this is the right place to post this or not, if it isnt? feel free to move where it belongs.
    i have a BB Storm and i work outside (construction) and i want to be able to listen to tunes while i work. what kind of (bluetooth) head sets would you guys recommend? yes, i hate wires :-)
    if the headset has a plastic band from one earbud to the next, i like the idea of having that band either behind my neck or in the front of the throat side (as opposed to flat on your head) suggestions anyone?
    12-22-08 06:20 PM
    This is exactly what I am looking for also. Did you ever get an answer?
    12-29-08 12:51 AM
    I'm using the Motorola HT820 for my stereo BT headset. It works great. The earbuds are kinda large though, gives you "dumbo" ears
    12-29-08 12:54 AM
    I started this thread here the other day. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wha...you-use-123791
    12-29-08 12:56 AM
    I started this thread here the other day. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wha...you-use-123791
    Yeah, but that's for standard BT earpieces. What the OP is interested in a proper BT headset for listening to music. Not for taking calls.

I've been looking at the Motorola S9-HD, OP, but wondering if anyone else has tried them on the Storm. Did hear in the forums the old S9 was okay-ish...
    12-29-08 01:25 AM
    Motorola S9 - best on the market imo. I have the original and it has excellent sound quality and battery life. I understand they have an "HD" model out now. HD model runs around $100 while the oldskool s9 is around $60
    12-29-08 02:17 AM
    what about the jabra one that looks like a dog tag. that one seems cool and you can use your own headphones.

but then again, whats the point o being wireless if your not wirelesss, i never understood this kind of bluetooth device, i guess if you wanna keep your storm not on you?
    12-29-08 02:38 AM
    I got a set of JayBirds for christmas. I haven't put them through full use yet and won't until I'm back at school (riding the bus from my apartment to campus and while walking between classes when when they'll get battle tested) but they seem pretty good so far. A little bit staticy in the background but you can't hear the static when music is playing anyway. They look nice IMO. Only problem is that apparently the battery life isn't the best.....reviews say you'll get about a half a work day's use out of them and I'm not sure how long they take to charge (or else you could conceivably charge them on a lunch break). (The website says they last for about 6 hours on average....take that for what it's worth)

Website is here if you wanna check them out...parents got mine at Target: Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com

They have a lifetime guarantee against sweat too which is nice. I have the 200i (all the store had) but could've gone with the 200's....the 200i only differs as it comes with an ipod/iphone adapter (Haha...they don't have A2DP). The headphones also have a built in mic (not sure on the quality) that will allow you to use them if you get a call while listening to music.

Also: If anyone has read this far into my post, do you know how much more battery drain comes from bluetooth use? i can't imagine that it's TOO much.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 12-29-08 at 03:38 AM.
    12-29-08 03:33 AM
    Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Its a bluetooth headset that has another ear bud you can plug into the headset.

NO plastic band
    NO dog tag thingy

Just stereo bluetooth headphones.

I have them and use them all the time. They let me change the volume, skip songs forward or backward, and pause the music. Not to mention the nifty extending mike that is a simple way of accepting calls.

Best part is they only run about 70$ at radio shack. TOTALLY WORTH IT
    12-29-08 03:36 AM
    I've got the Jabra BT3030 (The one's that look like a dog tag). Great BT headset. The reason I went that route is that I dislike how most headsets hang behind your neck or around your ear (I wear glasses and it's sometimes cumbersome to have your glasses and headset hang off your ears). Also, I just don't like the way they look when you're wearing them or the added weight of having to wear the whole unit.

The Jabra's are great because you can use any standard headphones, although the ones that came with them aren't bad. The earbuds aren't as noticeable when you're wearing them. Just tuck the unit under your shirt and have the earbuds come up and you're good to go for working out, jogging, whatever. If you have to hold a conversation, pull one of the earbuds out and you're good to go. Can't do that easily with other BT headsets. The only downside is that the track buttons don't seem to work with the Storm. You can't go forward or back a track from the unit. The volume works fine though. And the built in mic isn't bad for a short conversation.
    12-29-08 04:23 AM
    I have a Blue Ant Z9i that I bought on Amazon for $54 (usually goes for about $100)...it has a very comfortable fit and good sound quality!!

I like it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:00 AM
    For noise cancellation Jawbone II
    Battery life even though it only lists 4 hrs it is pretty decent.
    12-29-08 07:08 AM
    You guys need to look at the OP before you start leaving comments. He asked for a STEREO BT for listening to music, not a regular one.
    12-29-08 07:33 AM
    You guys need to look at the OP before you start leaving comments. He asked for a STEREO BT for listening to music, not a regular one.
    Oops...my bad! I guess it was early and not enough coffee, maybe dirty glasses!

Good point!!

12-29-08 07:43 AM
    Oops...my bad! I guess it was early and not enough coffee, maybe dirty glasses!

Good point!!

Ummm yeah me too
    Apologies
    Since I screwed up though might as well make it good.
    I want the bluetooth standalone speaker.............yeah baby
    12-29-08 09:30 AM
    I have tried the motorola s9 and the jabra BT620. The s9 is much cooler looking and most people will not even notice that you are wearing them. However, I returned mine because of the sound gaps in the middle of songs (especially when you are outdoors). The jabra 620's are a bit better with the sound gaps (not much really) but they make you look like princess Leila - you know - sticky buns on the side of your head. I don't think bluetooth is really the solution for quality music listening yet - jmho If anyone has found a bt headset that doesn't break up outside let me know I want some!
    12-29-08 09:33 AM
    Yeah, but that's for standard BT earpieces. What the OP is interested in a proper BT headset for listening to music. Not for taking calls.

I've been looking at the Motorola S9-HD, OP, but wondering if anyone else has tried them on the Storm. Did hear in the forums the old S9 was okay-ish...
    Nowhere in the thread that I started did it say that it was for standard BT headsets... They're are plenty of other users talking about other BT that they use. If you had read that thread you would have seen that.
    12-29-08 09:35 AM
    How do you get the music to come through your bluetooth device? Curve 8900
    05-15-09 03:33 PM
    How do you get the music to come through your bluetooth device? Curve 8900
    Just by pairing the device - but not all bluetooth devices will let you play music through them. They have to support A2DP
    05-15-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD