Ok.. I have a question for all you Storm experts. And I'm not sure if the issue is with my Storm or the other phone.

I am trying to transfer a song via bluetooth from my Storm to my Daughters Samsung Juke. Because the Juke is not one of those "mod" friendly phones, using the bluetooth file transfer is about the easiest way I can think of to get a song to her phone for use as a ringtone.

I have paired the devices and that part of the process worked flawlessly. However when attempting to initiate the file transfer I get an error on the Jukes end stating that "Receiving name cards incomplete"

Like I said, not sure if this is something the Storm is failing to do or that the Juke is failing to complete. And regardless, what can I do to resolve the issue? Any Ideas?

Also... 1 more question I previously tried sending the song via MMS but the Storm would not allow stating it was beyond the accepted file size (which was only about 760kb). Anyone know what the transfer limit of file via MMS is? I'm with VZW if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
    03-25-09 08:01 AM
    easiest way, and also the only way to do it on a juke is to MMS (pic msg) with the sound clip added to the msg, to her phone.

receive the msg, hit options, save sound file, set ringtone

hope it helps
    03-25-09 10:05 AM
    Which I tried to do.... but the file size limit gets me a fail every time. And the file is only about 600 - 700 or so kb. The bluetooth should work, should it not... both phones have the feature built in. Just cant get around the name cards incomplete msg.

Thanks for the help tho. Any other ideas?
    03-25-09 05:05 PM
    Don't know if this applies for device to device bluetooth, but when I send media files from my comp to my phone via BT I have to set my berry to receive. This is done by opening the media app on your berry, press the menu button, then select receive using bluetooth. This has to be done after the source has started to send the file.

Hope this helps
    03-25-09 06:44 PM
    Makes sense. Only problem is that I have to send the file to the Juke. The BB will never need to rec. since I can transfer whatever I need to the Storm in many different ways. Just using the BT because Samsung made the Juke sorta non-accessible for things of that nature which is why I was attempting to use the BT feature to transfer the media files to the Juke in the first place. Thanks tho.

Still searching for answers......
    03-25-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD