Hey, all~

I'm attempting to get my Storm to connect to the BlackBerry desktop software running on my computer (Windows XP Pro SP3, desktop software version 4.7.0.32) via bluetooth.

I've been following the steps outlined here:
    How to set up Bluetooth connectivity with BlackBerry Desktop Manager

I've had success all the way through the document, right up until step 6, #11.

Within the desktop manager software, I'm able to select Options -> Connection Options, and under the "Connection Type" drop-down list I'm able to select the bluetooth connection for my Storm. Also in that window, the "Turn On Bluetooth support" option is checked.

Once I click OK on that dialog, the desktop manager provides a popup titled "Bluetooth Device Detected" and it lists my device and asks me if I would like to have the desktop manager connect to it. I say yes and the dialog clears, but 20 seconds later the same dialog pops up. Say yes again, wait another 20 seconds and its back, and the loop goes on and on.

Has anyone been able to successfully connect their to their Storm from the desktop manager software via bluetooth?

If so, do you have any suggestions of additional things to check to help me get that functionality working?

Thanks in advance,

- Nathan
    Last edited by nhelder; 01-08-09 at 03:34 PM.
    01-08-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD