So, I've posted this yesterday in the "Storm Tips,How To & FAQ" Forum and I don't think it's even been seen.

I'm posting here to at least to see if it will get noticed. Possibly moved, haha.

Well, Let's see how to explain this one. I've performed several upgrades from .75 versions to .109, .113, as well as .122 with deleting the vendor.xml and using application loader.exe. Suffice to say that I have been able to do a couple of these and understand what exactly is going on. With the help of CrackBerry Nation of course. So as usual, we all start with the backup. So I'm beginning to upgrade another phone for a customer service rep of ours and I get to the bluetooth options status in the backup procedure and it fails. Unknown Error, Error. I also tried it on another DM I have installed on a different desktop with the same outcome. Unknown Error, Error. It always stops on bluetooth options. I've deleted the bluetooth device that was installed to no avail. Any suggestion are appreciated. I've given the device back to the CSR and told him that I would try again later and that I wanted to research this issue before proceeding. He is very anxious about a new OS because of the fact that I've done all the other CSR's that work with him.
    04-21-09 05:11 AM
    I backed up the device manually. Found out it had nothing to do with the bluetooth options. After moving everything into the save file the last item left was the Location Based Services. I'm thinking it has something to do with an App that utilizes a GPS service that has been enabled to auto. Could be wrong. Won't be the last time.
    04-21-09 11:54 AM
    I'm getting an 'unknown error' message when trying to back up my Bold.

It stops on 'bluetooth options' as well.

Any help on trying to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jay
    07-08-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD